Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    R-J-S-InLove Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2009, 06:44 AM
    What book to gift
    Ok here I have a friend who's not much into reading, I mean he really hates reading... :eek:

And me, m a very passionate reader, now I want to gift him a good book

Something that's very interesting and that turns out to be light and a good read...

Which book to gift to cultivate some reading habits into him?? ;)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 07:11 AM

What are his hobbies?
    I know I hate reading fiction but I am into reading anything that I am interested in that is educational that I am interested in.

Apr 5, 2009, 07:19 AM

Sports as all guys are...

Football is his love and bikes and a bit into music too
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 07:22 AM

Who is his favorite sports heroes
    His favorite bike and his favorite musican
    Like if it were my boyfriend I wanted to buy a book for with the list you provided I would buy him a Jimi Hendrix,
    Jackie Robinson or Roberto Clemente biography.

Apr 5, 2009, 07:25 AM

Oh but he hates to sit down and read... even if tis about his heroes... he'd enjoy a video about them
    But a book!! Never!
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 07:31 AM

Some people just aren't into reading and you can't change that. Accept that his interests are different and buy him a video.
    Many adults go through life without reading any books. Even with the books I 'read' I only skim through them for the essential parts I need for my references.

Apr 5, 2009, 09:12 AM

Oh but I really want him to read at least something... he won't even touch a news paper leave alone a book, that's bad enough...

Just want him to show that reading is not all that boring and can really help
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 10:47 AM

I know reading is very aggravating to me mostly because I have a hard time with my sight, lighting and keeping my place on the page. I prefer reading things on the computer. Maybe you could find some interesting things for him to read on the internet to get his interest before you go buying any books.

Apr 5, 2009, 10:59 AM

OK I'l try that out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

Book Title Book like the Mummy (Egypt) [ 1 Answers ]

I read this book 3 years ago a lady has a bottle given to her by a grandma and a necklace and a diary she always had a desire to see Egypt there a 2 men involved (love interest) she ended up on a paddle steamer and bad men were after her and the bottle and necklace. She ended up in Egypt at these...

Looking for book from The Weekly Reader Book Club, 60's or 70's, paperback, on WWI. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I trying to find a book that I bought in the mid-60's from The Weekly Reader Book Club. I believe it was simply called World War I. It's a small paperback. There's pictures in the book, one of which is subtitled "Doughboys to the Front". In this photo is my grandfather. I loaned...

Weekly reader book order book from the 80's [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I am so frustrated! I had this book when I was in the 5th grade in the 80's, I'd say it was around 1985 or 1986. Anyway, I loved this book and I lost it when I was a kid and I would give ANYTHING to find it again! I got the book from the Weekly Reader book order in school. There was a girl...

Is this an OK gift? [ 8 Answers ]

My first cousin I s getting married in about 2 months. She and I were never close. When I got married she gave me 1 whine goblet with religious emblems on it (may spent $30.00) had no travel expense. I on the other hand have to drive 6 plus hours (each way) by myself, leaving my child and...

View more questions Search