Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    docman1960 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 05:01 PM
    Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucet - no pressure
    Hi.

Our kitchen pressure has never been great - but now it is virtually zero. I have a dual handle glacier bay and had a squeal when I turned on the hot water. A plumber suggested changing out the stem in the hot end. I did that but now have no pressure in either hot or cold taps. Its not the aerator, I removed it and no better.

Blair
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Apr 4, 2009, 05:14 PM

Ensure both supply valves below the sink are turned fully on (clockwise). Since the problem involves both hot & cold water, it is unlikely the problem is in the supply lines. Replace the water faucet fixture. It could be repaired but the more efficient & econimical method is replacement.

Apr 4, 2009, 05:53 PM

Both supply lines are definitely on. The dishwasher is getting adequate hot water (same hot line). So you think the actual faucet is broken? Can that happen so suddenly? Did I jar something inside when I was working the hot water stem that clogged both hot and cold delivery to the center faucet?

Apr 4, 2009, 05:59 PM

I should add that when I use the sprayer, there is pressure there. How do I access the sprayer valve?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2009, 01:34 AM

I would suggest to close both the cold and the hot angle valves under the sink, remove both stems, place a towel on top of the faucet ,open the cold and the hot angle valve for a second to flush out any dirt from the faucet, close the angle valves, install both stems and check if it owrks now, good luck.

John

Apr 5, 2009, 06:19 AM

Hi John

Thanks. I did as you suggested and got pressure without the stems on both sides. As soon as I put the stems back in however, the pressure is zero. Since I get pressure out of the spray when I turn the water on, it seems the problem is between the hot and cold stems and the faucet. Someone mentioned a spray diverter valve in another thread. Is that accessible in a glacier bay faucet?

Apr 5, 2009, 08:36 AM

I replaced the whole unit and pressure is great now. Thanks to all. This site is great. It helped me pin down what was wrong.

Blair
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2009, 09:23 AM

Hi Blair,

I am glad your problem is fixed at this time; yes diverter could cause the same problem and that was my next step to ask you I didn't want to be confused in the beginning, see the Image below to show you the diverter, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Vromeros1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2013, 10:13 PM
    The faucet I have seems to not be able to open the faucet to get to the diverter, how could I?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 17, 2013, 04:57 AM
    Did you check the aerator and shutoff valves as I suggested at your other post, Vromeros?

With the info. You posted at your first post I seriously doubt the issue is with the diverter as the diverter's job is to divert water flow to the spray device... nothing to do with volume/pressure, OK?

Back to you...

Mark
    markpeterson78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2013, 01:39 PM
    I've had a similar problem as stated above with a Glacier Bay two handled-fixture with sprayer: A squealing coming from both faucets, yet the sprayer seemed to work okay. I replaced the seats, stems, and still a squeal, followed by a diminished water pressure; plus the cold water faucet will now run when the shutoff valve under the sink is turned back on despite the faucet being turned to the off position.

I did find a washer deformed on the hose on the end connected to the aerator nozzle that leads to the sprayer attachment, but I'm concerned that the squeal may continue. Could the diverter be the problem? Is it accessible, as it seems to be ensconced in the copper welding.

Thanks!
    Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove glacier bay kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I want to remove a single handle glacier bay kitchen faucet to take with me to Home Depot. Are there directions online regarding installation or removal of the product?

Low pressure on Kitchen Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

In the last couple of weeks, my kitchen faucet has been cut in half with pressure, however, the sprayer still has full pressure when in use. It's a single head faucet. I don't even know where to begin to look. Sandy

No pressure in kitchen faucet only. [ 3 Answers ]

I am a new homeowner, and this situation scares me. The faucet in my kitchen is not putting out any water pressure. It's a steady slow stream. It had been working fine until a week ago. I'm worried it might be a leak. :eek: All of the other faucets in the house are working fine. Any & ALL help...

Kitchen Faucet No pressure Why? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, My kitchen faucet used to work just fine (normal pressure) but now it has no pressure and when I turn it off it takes a few seconds to shut off. Even when I turn on both (hot and cold) full blast my pressure never changes. Do I have a leak in the pipe some where? Please help. Don't...

View more questions Search