Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LagosRealm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 03:02 PM
    Installing a file from system to control panel
    I have a "garage sale computer" that is running win2000pro.I don't have the soft ware but I do have the key code.I've worked my way around most of the previous owners administration barriers,but Ican't get the computer to install the themes file from system.Now the Question.Is there a way to reinstall the file with out the original software? LagosRealm
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 06:29 PM

Do you have the model of the computer?

Do you possibly have access to a windows xp installation disk?

You could install xp from scratch unless would like to stay with 2000

If interested

How to Format Drive and Install Windows from Scratch
    Lifehacker - Geek to Live: How to format your hard drive and install Windows XP from scratch - Feature

Apr 10, 2009, 12:39 PM

It's a Micron Millennia tower,but I know it's been worked on.heavily worked on.I tried jumping to XP but I wouldn't take it.From what I can figure out ,it started as 98/me,then to full Me,then to win2000pro.the files in there,but I can't figure out how to get it out.
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 10, 2009, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LagosRealm View Post
    It's a Micron Millennia tower,but I know it's been worked on.heavily worked on.I tried jumping to XP but i wouldn't take it.From what I can figure out ,it started out as 98/me,then to full Me,then to win2000pro.the files in there,but I can't figure out how to get it out.
    Try here - Starting out Fresh - Helljack6.com

Apr 16, 2009, 05:36 PM

Fixed it. 1 1/2 hrs. at a crap table,then off to buy a new HP.Gonna cover the old one up with fur and use it as a foot stool.Thanks to all who answered... LagosRealm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Shorted [ 5 Answers ]

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Shorted what are possible cause codes are p0601 and p0445

Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

p0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve circuit Malfunction on mazda melinia s 1996 83k?what is the next stip? I cleared the check engine light and it went off ,and after 60miles driving it cames back again?why and how can I fix it ? Also what is the cheapest way to reset...

P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System) [ 5 Answers ]

How much it cost to repair this on a 98 Honda Accord? P1457 EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)

Trouble Installing System File [ 2 Answers ]

My motherboard CD will no longer install monitoring information. A dialogue box pops up with the header: 16 bit Windows Subsystem The message reads: C:\Windows\System32\autoexec.nt "The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Window Applications. Choose 'Close' to...

View more questions Search