Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taxadv123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Why did I receive $600 more on my tax refund than my return showed?
    My husband & I filed our taxes with a CPA and the direct deposit refund was $600 more than what showed on my completed return. We did have to close our small business last year and had losses, so our income for the two of us was kind of low. I just was not sure if this was a mistake on the IRS's part or if the accountant overlooked something we qualified for.
    jeffrey michael Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2009, 01:19 PM

Well if you did not receive a stimulus check from the previous year and the amount was exactly 600 dollars than I can almost guarantee that's what is was
    taxadv123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 05:47 PM
    We did receive the $600 tax stimulus last year, so I don't think that was it. What about the homeowner's tax credit? We paid $1006. I saw something about that on the web.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 12:10 PM
    You got $500 last year?

You probably should have gotten $1,200 ($600 each), which is why you got $600 this year. The IRS computer automatically adjusts the refund to provide the correct amount.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HUD return addressed to husband but wife is due half refund [ 1 Answers ]

There is a HUD refund from 6 years agop and my exhusband is listed as the person on the refund but we were divorced in 2003 and I stayed in the hoouse and kept it up until it sold. I was listed as coborrower but I don't kn ow if I am on the refund check. \What do I do?

Receive a 1099-A. Should I include it in my income tax return? [ 2 Answers ]

I received a 1099-A in CA. The fair market value is less than the balance of principal outstanding. Should I wait for 1099-C to file income tax return? What should I do now on the income tax return? Will the bank go after me the debt or send me a 1099-C later?

Product Return & Refund Laws in NC [ 2 Answers ]

HI We sold customized prodcuts to a customer. The customer approved and agreed to our process via email-there is a return and refund policy clearly stated with each email confirmation customers receive. The customer contacted us within a week that she was not satisfied with her custom order and...

My taxes paid mistakenly; how do I receive refund? [ 3 Answers ]

I did not work or receive income in MI, but my company had been mistakenly paying state income tax to MI. A little history; this was an international company, and I had previously lived in MO. I live in TX now, and I think the whole "Missouri" thing is what threw them off. I don't owe anything...

Tax Return and claiming refund [ 2 Answers ]

This is in regard to my filing tax return in US for year 2007 and claiming refund. I have come from India to US in Oct'07 under L1 visa for the first time. I work for USA company and get paid by them. The company have withheld tax (as per W2) for period Oct-Dec'07. As an.. fyi.. I...

View more questions Search