Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    granbour Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Pocket doors
    I have a pocked door that has come off its track. How do I put it back on with out taking all the frameing off.
    Thanks again
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 08:48 PM

You will need to be very lucky to get this to work for you, it takes two people. One person slips several putty knives under the door and the raise the door as high as possible while the other person presses firmly at the top pushing the trolley back onto the track. Quite frankly when pocket doors come off their track you usually have a bad trolley or a bad track and not much short of replacemnet will give a long term fix.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 06:55 AM

I agree with ballengerb1. Usually have to replace trolley and track.

To get maximum lift, u may have to lower door so that it does not hit track.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing bedroom hollow doors with 6 panel pine doors. [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing my bedroom hollow doors with 6 panel pine doors. My problem is that the 6 panel pine doors are not fitting properly. When I hung one door with the same size hinges I was able to put the screws in the same holes as the old ones but the door will not close. The new door is about...

Replace pocket doors w/ hinged [ 1 Answers ]

I have a customer that has double pocket doors going into her pantry. She can't open them when both her hands are full of pantry stuff. She wants to totally get rid of them and go with a pair of double-hinged doors. How difficult is it to remove the pocket doors and tracks? What is involved to...

Getting into the Pocket [ 4 Answers ]

My spot is between the second and third arrow, using a particle ball, speed is average for my age 70, and I'm having a hard time getting to the pocket, seems like most of the time I am on the 1-3 pocket. It's hard for me to get more speed on the ball. Bob

Out of Pocket Costs [ 1 Answers ]

Which one of the following is an example of an opportunity costs? a. Revenue lost from sale of cakes by deciding to sell only cookies. b. Wages paid to construction workers. c. Materials used to assemble computers d. Ordering costs related to a customer's special order of guitar strings e....

Pocket PC [ 2 Answers ]

url . I have just purchased a pocket pc for my wife-----it is compatible with Microsoft explorer and outlook--is there anyway that it can be synchronized with msn -8? Its agreat little pc but to keeep going back and forth between outlook and msn-8 seems ridiculous-would appreciate a...

View more questions Search