Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Prowln Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2006, 09:43 PM
    Wright Sentar 19hp Kawasaki No pwr to switch
    I need help... My mower died while mowing and during many attempts to start it back my switch quit working. Nothing happens. No power to the switch on the yellow altenator wire(the hot). Fuses are okay. No pwr to either side of the fuse, either. Jumpered out the deadman switch and the brake switch... still no pwr to the switch. I replaced solenoid.. no help. I have power from battery to the pos side of the solenoid but not power to the control wire that works the solenoid's coil. I have continuity through the yellow hot wire from the switch to the rectifier. Where does the power to this wire come from... so I can check it? No pwr at all to the switch. Can anyone help me? Prowln in TN
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2006, 11:03 PM
    It sounds like one of the kill switches may have gone out... (I'm not much on wiring, especially for a kawi)
    Prowln Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2006, 06:56 AM
    I bought a new switch that turn on the blade... but it did not help... I finally tried to put 12v straight to the yellow altenator wire and got nothing on the switch. So next I ran a hot wire to the orange wire on the switch... it runs but, I still don't know how this juice is picked up to make the orange wire hot. The only wire coming off the battery was a hot cable going to the solenoid. A violet wire came off the pos terminal of the solenoid going to the ammeter... the negative wire off the ammeter goes to the switch. If anyone is familiar with switch wiring where there is no hot wire from the battery directly to the switch... please let me know how it works!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kawasaki [ 2 Answers ]

My kawaski motorcycle taillight always stay on

Kawasaki kz 650 [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a 79 kz 650 and I was told the carbs need reset. How do I go about doing this?

Frank LLoyd Wright [ 1 Answers ]

I \have some fabric that was designed by Frank lloyd Wright. I would like to use it and claim the designer. I can not find any source to verify the designs. Would any of you know if there is a site with ALL his fabric designs. Thanks Steff

19hp briggs new carb and stalls [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all new to the fourum I have a question I hope you all can help. I have a murray lawn tractor with a 19 hp briggs. I put a new carb on it and the tractor runs but stalls under a load like it is running out of fuel. When I inspected the carb the bowl was full of gas and clean. The mechanic I took...

Scotts 19hp briggs [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older scotts (1998) mower with hydrostatic tranny that sat for a year and I'm now rehabbing it. Two years ago it was having intermittent starting problems where the ingnition lights on the dashboard would light up, but it would not spin the starter even with a hot battery. I suspected...

View more questions Search