Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tailhook77 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 09:07 PM
    Alvar Orig 3-pc Litho Suite; (3) Salvador Dali Lithos; and Burke Tyree original oil.
    I am settling an estate of fine art and have:

* (3) Salvador Dali original signed litho prints; These were produced and signed under the direction of Salvador Dali in the early 80's well before his death.

a- (2 prints) "The Dematerialization of the Nose of Nero", 18"w x 29"ht; one on Japon paper Print # LXI/C & one on Arches paper Print # 136/225 (both Museum-framed)
    b- (1) "Cosmic Athlete"; 24"w x 36"ht; on Arches paper Print # 179/225 (Museum-framed)

** 3-Piece original Sunol Alvar; "Musical Litho Suite I, II, and II"; All 8" x 9"; Produced and hand-signed under the direction of Sunol Alvar; All Print #s 25/250; Museum-framed.

*** (1) Burke Tyree, "Pelana" Original Oil, 18"w x 24"ht, Museum-framed.

Where is the best market and what is the relative value of these pieces?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 01:38 AM

Hi, tailhook77!

Online art auctions seem to be pretty busy with business.

Online Art Auction - Google Search

Then, there's also the possibility of using a auctioneer around where you live who might have a specialty in art.

Lots of times, when works of art are auctioned off, they stand a better chance of fetching a better price because people are competing to purchase them, especially, if it's the work of someone notable and who might be famous.

The potential monetary value of what you have could be in the hundreds of dollars up to that which is in four-figures.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tyree Burke for sale [ 1 Answers ]

I have a velevet painting by tyree burke, "the mountaineer", I am interested in selling it. Best resonable offer. It is in excellent condition, only a little dusty.

Boucher Litho of Madame Pompadour [ 2 Answers ]

Would appreciate assistance determining history, age, value of a colored Lithograph (approv 5"x7") I've recently acquired. The Lithograph is of a pretty young lady, with pinkish flowers in her short/braided hair. She's wearing a pint (with some white) bow on her neck. Dress front is make of...

View more questions Search