Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citua Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 08:27 AM
    Highchool senior attendance
    I'm a senior in high school and I've been absent a couple of times... actually many times I was sick but I haven't went to the doctor... and my friends told me that I might not graduate because I'm absent absent all the time even though I you have a good grades in all my classes. Can someone tell me that hey are wrong or explain to me the rules and regulations of being absent cause my counselor doesn't seem to help me much... thank you
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Apr 1, 2009, 04:45 AM

Take full notice of what your counselor
    Says.
    The conditions of schools vary greatly.
    Attendance is of primary importance.
    When you do noy attend because of illness,
    A doctor certificate is essential.
    dglennware Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Apr 3, 2009, 02:01 PM
    You simply need to find out what you need to do with the situation you are in. Talk to your principal and counselor and see if you are in danger of not graduating. If they say you are, your school probably provides an after school program or Saturday school to make up time. However, if your principal, or assistant principal, or counselor, or other administrator has not approached you about your attendance, maybe all is OK.
    wukaking19 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 01:55 PM

If all fails got to the school board with your parents and explain what happened. It will be up to the school board to make the dessision, but most of the time the are leanyent as long as your grades are good enough. That's what I had to do my senior year, and I only graduated in 08 so they couldn't have changed it that fast
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Apr 21, 2009, 02:12 PM

At my school we have the same thing. If someone misses 16 days they have to stay back a year. It's probably different for every school. Check your school handbook or ask your principal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Law requiring school attendance [ 2 Answers ]

I have a grandson that will probably not go to school. His mom said there is such a thing as UNSCHOOLING in Indiana. Has any one ever heard of such a thing? Thanks

Probability of getting a warning due to non attendance [ 3 Answers ]

I work 250 days / year my average off sick is 5 days /year (mean Imay be off sick 5 days/year) if I am off sick 2 days within 13 weeks, I willget a warning what's the probability of having a warning? any help will be appreciated

Why is attendance important in work and school [ 7 Answers ]

Why is your attendance at work and school important to your success? Focus on how good attendance can really help you succeed.

Church attendance [ 5 Answers ]

I know when it comes to issues between myself and the Lord, it is only up to myself to make everything right. However, I am guilty of hardly attending mass on a regular basis. I managed to attend for Easter last year, but cannot find myself to attend on a regular basis. By the end of the work...

View more questions Search