Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    holtermom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 10:08 AM
    Paying taxes on property sold
    About 35 years ago my husband inherited a piece of land in Montana which he sold in 2008. WE live in Wisconsin. Do we pay a tax on this for 2008 taxes and how do I list it on the tax form? Is it called income for Wisconsin? And do I list it on the Federal form and Wisconsin form?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 30, 2009, 11:05 AM

Duplicate question. See answer here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/taxes/...ld-335768.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on sold property [ 2 Answers ]

How do I figure my taxes on property sold in PA, I am a full time resident in WV. It was my fathers property that my brother and I split 50/50. I have a 1099 S

Property owned by four people - one paying property taxes [ 7 Answers ]

There has been land in my family for one hundred years. About 19 years ago I was put on title with four other family members. The land is in Ontario Canada. Ten years ago the title was change to myself and three other family members as one died and was removed from title. The property taxes were...

Property Taxes on Property sold for estate settlement. [ 1 Answers ]

We have sold property in Indiana that will be part of and estate settlement. The property sold for less than $100,000. The money from this property will be divided between the 6 children. What taxes will be owed for the sale of this property?

Inherited Property Being Sold- Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My father died and left property in trust for my mother, my brother and I. (40 years ago.) My mother dies in 1989, and the property transferred to my brother and I. The trust was dissolved in 1994. I have paid taxes on this property continuously. The property value has increased 10x. It...

View more questions Search