Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lxu8888 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 04:43 PM
    Adaptor for the speaker connect to receiver
    I have a woofer which has the regular wire connection for + and - wire (as mark A), but the receiver needs the connection to be the type marked as B. I went to RadioShock and asked for help but the two suggestions (with purchasing) I got from there did not work. I wonder if the expert here can give me some suggestions. Thanks.
    Attached Images

Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 08:00 PM
    Deleted.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2009, 08:31 PM

Ignore what Perito says, because it isn't right.

Type "B" is a "powered woofer" or a woofer with a built-in amplifier. The key is the "line in".

You will need an amplifier to power the woofer. Some stereo amps can be bridged. This would be perfect. So the RCA plug (Type B) goes to an amplifier and then you will emerge with a "type A" output which can go to your woofer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect a vcr/dvd to an lcd Samsung TV and directv hd receiver [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new lcd TV and can not connect the vcr/dvd. I have directv hd box. I tried the same way I have it in my other tvs ( not lcds) and does not work. Any one have any ideas, I tried the instructions from the book with no luck. Thanks

How to connect DVD player directly to Dish Network DVR receiver [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I just got a new DVD player and I need some help connecting it. I already had my TV connected to a Dish Network DVR receiver. My TV is older and only has one cable connection on the back of it, which the Dish Network receiver is connected to. When I got my DVD player, I was under the...

View more questions Search