Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetpea35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 04:37 PM
    Credit card money judgement
    What can happen if you get a money judgement for a credit card from a lawyer
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 04:46 PM

Unless the lawyer gets it from court, nothing. Once a judgement is ordered by a court, the person awarded the jidgement can attach a levy to your bank accounts, have your wages garnished, or possibly attach a lien to your property. What they are allowed to do will depend on where you live. What they actually depends on how serious they are about getting their money back.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 29, 2009, 05:49 PM

A judgement is the award given by a court as the result of a suit. Sounds like you were sued for not paying a credit card. The judgement can then be used to attach some assets of your to pay the amount owed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card judgement [ 3 Answers ]

A credit card was opened in my name by a family member. The credit card payments were not being made and a judgment was filed against me destroying my credit. Is there a way to transfer a judgment to the family members credit? What can I do with the credit report agencies to get this removed...

Credit card judgement [ 1 Answers ]

In a credit card judgement, can a bank account or brokerage account be frozen or seized?

Judgement on credit card [ 3 Answers ]

If a judgement is placed against you for credit card debt how long does is last? Also can the law firm representing the credit card company(discover) take any personal property.. such as automobiles that are owned or your home The credit card is approx 6,000; and I don't have any means to pay or...

View more questions Search