Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamamccabe Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Mar 28, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Is there something wrong with my cat?
    My cat had 7 kittens 4 weeks ago. 4 of them died within the first 2 weeks, and the other 3 seem very healthy and growing well. I moved the litter box upstairs where the kittens are because I have 2 little kids and I don't think I can trust bringing the kittens down yet. Anyway, when I did that the mother stopped using the litter box; and I thought she wasn't going at all, but when I went down to the basement I found a huge pile of cat feces and urine in the corner. There was so much that it looks like someone dumped it there. Also my cat has become so aggressive toward my daughter that she actually chases her to bite and attack her. This is my first time with kittens but I know something isn't right, any ideas? Also if there is something wrong with the mother is it too early to take the kittens away from her?
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 07:21 AM

Yes, it is too early to separate mother and kittens. The mother is likely feeling very protective and it isn't unusual for females to become aggressive while their kittens are still so young.

I hope that you will find outstanding homes for the surviving members of the litter--none of whom should be weaned until they are at least eight to ten weeks old. Please don't dump them in a shelter where they will live a short, terrible, life until they are killed in a way that is not humane (despite what some shelters may say). I also hope that you will have your cat spayed once this is all over. In any case, you really should be consulting with your vet in order to educate yourself about proper care for both the mother and her litter. This is a matter of life and death: There are real consequences for getting things wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

What Is Wrong With Me? [ 3 Answers ]

Well here's my story... My wife of 3 years just left me for someone else in February. That's a whole different topic in itself, so I won't get into it. It was more of a relief than anything else honestly, because she treated me like s*** during our entire marriage. I had trouble paying the rent...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search