Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniellebabyyx0 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 01:59 PM
    Wireless password.
    My grandparents have a wireless router hooked up from the computer upstairs and the computer downstairs gets the internet too, if I wanted to get on my laptop, it says that I need a password, is there anywhere on their computer that I could find the password? Or would I have to know here the router is?

Thanks,
    Danielle
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 28, 2009, 02:06 PM

They probably have an encryption key setup. You will need to know that key. Its probably stored in the router configuration, but it may be also encrypted so they will need to know what it is.
    daniellebabyyx0 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2009, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    They probably have an encryption key setup. You will need to know that key. Its probably stored in the router configuration, but it may be also encrypted so they will need to know what it is.

So what am I going to have to do?
    I'm really a computer dumdum:rolleyes:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 28, 2009, 03:09 PM

Who setup the LAN?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to check your Password on wireless network [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I want to know how I can check my password on my wireless rouder. I had someone install it from a store and I wasn't availabel so he had given My password to my sister but she doesn't remember it what should I do?

Can not figure out my wireless network password, I have a router and wireless network [ 2 Answers ]

I have wireless network through, router. My wireless network password is saved on my laptop. My brother wants to use his laptop in my home using my wireless network, I know my ip address how do I give him password and key I have forgotten

Password for Wireless D-Link DI-524 [ 4 Answers ]

How do you activate a password on my wireless router? D-Link DI-524

How to set a password to your wireless router? [ 3 Answers ]

When I first bought the router I had no idea what I was doing, so in the process of setting it up, I decided not to include a password thing because I thought it would have been such a hassle putting in the password every time I try using the internet on my laptop. Now I'm getting random people...

D-Link Wireless Router - how do I set up to require password to access? [ 2 Answers ]

I have DI-524 Wireless Router. How do I set up to require users to require password to connect (go from unsecured to secured)? I suspect my neighbors using my router and it is impacting performance of my connections. And for the life of me, I can't figure out the manuals which came with the...

View more questions Search