Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petrified Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 11:15 AM
    What have done to deserve this?
    Hello,

Why does my mum hate me? What have I done to her that is so wrong? My mum is the only person I have and she always takes her anger out on me. We can get on at times but that is only a few times a year. Every night I cry wondering if I am meant to be here. Today I was meant to go out with my friends but I got ill so I didn't go out and as soon as she founfd out that is why I wasn't going out and she just stood there and shouting at me telling me that I was a waste of life and a pathetic use of a human being. I never asked for this but all I can do is keep it to myself because if I ever confronted her about these issues then she would get mad and throw things at me but the worst part of all is that I always feel guilty and like it is al my fault. What do you think

Thank you x
    Charity471 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Hello I am a mum and I really do feel for you in this, your mother sounds like she has got some kind of problem and does not know how to handle it at all, and I am afraid you are the nearest for for her to take it out of. But knowing this does not help you at all I know, you should try and get some help and advice you really do need somebody whom you can talk to before you get any worse. It must be awful when all you want to do is cry, you have done nothing wrong and don't you ever think you have. You know the saying 'they always take it out on the nearest and dearest' Try and be strong but please you must talk to someone, could you even talk to one of your friends that you were supposed to be meeting the other night? Or have you a brother, sister, grandparent, or aunt uncle that you are quite close to I really hope for both your sakes you sort things out and be able to put all this at the back of you eventually, it might take some time it might not, one never knows with these things. Hang on there and you will be fine in the end I am sure Take care
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 11:54 AM

I am a mother of two grown boys and I would never speak to my children that way.I am sorry that you have had to be verbally abused in this way.

I don't know how old you are but I would assume you are still in school.
    Is there a teacher or school counselor that you could speak to?

You Mom may be in need of mental health treatment.

I know you said you are afraid of her but it is in your best interest to get help for the both of you.

What you are going through is something no child should have to bear alone.Please ask an adult you trust for help.
    Stressed Mom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 03:31 PM

I am so sorry that this is happening to you. The replies above are right on, you need to talk to someone, an adult, that can help you with this. Don't be afraid of hurting your mum or upsetting her, it sounds as though she may have a lot of stress in her life and us mums do not always know when to ask for help, we try to do it all on our own, but it sounds like she needs to talk to someone that can help her work that out. That being said, it still does not give her the right to treat or talk to you in that way. NO ONE deserves that. You are NOT pathetic, don't ever let anyone tell you that. Good luck and I hope that you keep us posted on how things are going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I right? I deserve better! [ 4 Answers ]

Just wanted to have a little rant/vent... helps with the healing I guess!. (NOTE - PLEASE READ MY PREVIOUS QUESTION FOR ANY BACKGROUND INFO :)) Well, when I was reading over my previous post and I just kept thinking, after EVERYTHING I had done for my ex - always there for her when she needed...

I didn't deserve this. [ 47 Answers ]

8 threads merged Ok so I started dating this guy named kyle. He's the most amazing boyfriend I have ever had. I don't mean to sound so explicit but his sex was by far the best I have ever had. I think that's the only reason I really fell for him. But I don't get why it's so hard to get over him...

Do I deserve someone better? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I know my username is nick88 but in fact I am a girl so don't think it's a boy talking about his boyfriend. Lol anyway I need some help on my relationship situation. I've been going out with my boyfriend for about a year now. It has has its ups and downs. I feel like I deserve someone better...

Didn't deserve ex, but now maybe do [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... Yeah. So pretty much I went out with this guy for six months and I just didn't feel like I deserved him because I didn't feel like I loved him anymore. Shortly after, he got a new girlfriend, and they have been dating for about 3 months. I still love him and I want him back but I...

View more questions Search