Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123_me Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Pregnancy and motherhood
    Can you still ovulate after incourse and still get pregnant ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 02:00 PM

You can ovulate at any time, intercourse (which is what I assume you mean) or not.

Can you get pregnant without intercourse? No.

What specifically are you asking? Are you asking if you can have intercourse, then get your period, then get pregnant without having intercourse again?

Mar 26, 2009, 02:03 PM
    I had intercourse and its almost a week and I still am ovulating but can you still get pregnant and that still be happening?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 02:05 PM

How do you know you're ovulating?

Mar 26, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Because I have the egg white coming out when I pee.. and its very sticky . Or would it be something else?

Mar 26, 2009, 02:26 PM

Could I get an answer I would really apresheate it..
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 02:38 PM

My fingers are crossed for you that you are not. Please engage in protected sex, for a clear answer for whether you are pregnant, please wait until you have missed a period and try an at home test or a visit to your doctor, until then, continue your education.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 02:54 PM

Research has shown that some sperm may survive in the Fallopian tubes up to 7 days, with the average amount of time being 3 to 4 days.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 26, 2009, 03:18 PM
    I also have my fingers crossed that you are not pregnant.

Ovulation occurs in one day. The egg is only able to receive the sperm for a 24 hour period before it dies.

Now, if you have sex a few days BEFORE you ovulate, yes, you can get pregnant as sperm can last in your body for up to 7 days.

So, to answer your question, yes you can get pregnant if you have intercourse within days before ovulating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy and motherhood [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get any feelings way before your next period ? Or do you wait until you miss your period first? Then after you missed your period then the symptoms come on? I am confussed and I need an answer.

Pregnancy and motherhood [ 1 Answers ]

I have my period but my breasts are swollen and around my nipples have darken and they sometimes feel like they are leaking is that a good indication of being pregnant..

Pregnancy & New Motherhood [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I missed my period last week on 14th of mar and did not bleed for 5 days. I thought I was pregnant. I took a home pregnancy test but it was negative. Then yesterday I started bleeding profusely. I want to know if the bleeding is a sign of a normal period or can I still be pregnant? Please reply.

Pregnancy&new motherhood [ 3 Answers ]

I'm according to the lmp I'm am to be 13wks pregnant I never keep track of the days I ovulate I had sex with my partner on dec 8 .days later I had sex with a different partner and according to the ovulation predictor I concived around dec 12-15 now I'm not sure of who fathered my baby ?/? :(

View more questions Search