Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rottie_momma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 01:05 PM
    Rottweiler Questions
    My husband and I recently brought our wonderful Rottie puppy into our home. He is extremely well behaved, but he sleeps a lot... I mean a lot. He is constantly tired. Is this because he is growing so fast, or is there possibly something wrong. He has had a clean bill of health from the vet, but it still bothers me a little. Also, is there any experiences with Rottweilers anybody would like to share... King Louie (his father's name was Mogley from the Jungle Book, so we kept with the theme) is our first Rottweiler. We are used to large strong breeds, we have always had pit bulls, bull terriers, etc... so this isn't going to be a problem.

One thing I am curious about is what is the difference between the large breed and small breed puppy food. He is on the Large breed food... I was just curious as to what the difference was. Thanks
    heather831 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2009, 03:17 PM

I've had a couple of rotties (4 total), and for being "working dogs", they can usually be kind of lazy. It's pretty normal for mine to lay around all day and act like he's being totally mistreated when asked to get off the couch. All that I've had in the past have been exactly the same, even going for walks, he gets all excited, but will make it maybe a block away before he's laying down and looking miserable.
    However, if you're still concerned, you can always talk to your vet and I'm sure they will answer all the questions you have.
    Hope this helps a little.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2009, 04:06 AM
    Any puppy will sleep a lot, they have half an hour of being a little terror then curl up and sleep for a few hours then repeat the process.
    The difference between large and small dog food is all in the nutrients and vitamins in them, larger dogs grow a lot faster so they need more calcium and other nutrients in their diet than smaller breeds :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Size of a Rottweiler [ 6 Answers ]

I just asked this question in the wrong section... silly me! Please tell me of the largest Rottweiler you may of heard of. My husband insists that he has had one weighing 250lbs, and I think he is mistaken. Thanks:)

Skinny Rottweiler [ 8 Answers ]

I have a rottweiler that is about 2 years old, no-matter what I feed him he does seem to put on weight. Is there anything I can feed him to bulk he up.

How old is my Rottweiler? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about the age of my new Rottweiler. We just adopted her yesterday from the animal shelter in town. I absolutely love her because she is just about the nicest and cutest dog I've seen in my life. The problem is that since she was a stray that was found wondering in the county,...

My rottweiler is to skinny [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 2yr old rottweiler mix. I feed her about 4 to 5 cups a day. Took her to the vet they can't find anything wrong. She loves to eat but I can't get her to maintain her weight. Vet notified me she needs to gain about 15 to 20 pounds. I tried eggs,cooked rice, giving her more treats. Nothing is...

My skinny Rottweiler [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. My is a pure bred. She is 5 years old and was diagnosed with Addison's decease when she was 4 months old. She currently weighs 45 lbs. She has a healthy appetite when it comes to human food and wet dog food. However when it comes to he regular dry dog food she will barely touch it. Does anyone...

View more questions Search