Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Who should I Donate my car to
    Wasn't sure where to put this so car and truck seemed like the right place. I am getting the new 2010 Honda Insight this Friday, I did not use my car as a trade in. Even though it still runs, it is in bad shape. But with a medium amount of work it should be fine.

My problem is I do not know which charity to donate the car to. So I am looking to you fellow AMHD users. Do you have a favorite charity that you would like to suggest I donate the car to? I live in PA. Let me know I look forward to hearing your suggestions. Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2009, 09:27 AM

American Cancer Society is where I donated a car. I don't know if you have a Kars 4 Kids chapter in your are, but that is another good one.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2009, 09:28 AM

Salvation Army
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 09:32 AM

Car4 kids is where I was leaning towards. But then I keep thinking about the purple heart also.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 25, 2009, 09:42 AM

I gave my old Ford Explorer to the American Lung Association last year. My only complaint is that they sell cars in bulk through auctions and so you don't exactly get top dollar. I ended up with only a $300 donation, whereas the Kelley Blue Book value for trade-in was more like $2000.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 09:49 AM

How very kind of you.Here is a link for a site that makes donation easier for you.
    America's Car Donation Center - Donate your Car, Auto, Vehicle to Charity
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2009, 07:05 AM

Just an update I picked the purple heart they will be picking up my old car on Thursday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Donate me a car [ 2 Answers ]

I am married with three small children. I am a painter for a construction company and started this job back in March of 08. Before that though I was out of work for over a year. We got for behind on our bills and came very close to losing our house. The mortgage company has allowed us to open a...

How would I donate a toy? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in the Kansas City area. It is the Madden special edition PSP. It is slightly used, but still in great shape. I know I could sell it, but I have another one and I would rather give this one to someone who I know would take care of it and like it. If I would need to mail it somewhere that...

Pregnant. Donate plasma? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it bad to donate plasma if you are pregnant?

Why should I donate Plasma? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the benefits of donating my plasma?

View more questions Search