Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camp13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 12:45 PM
    Mothers' first name is different on Marriage license and birth certificate
    My mother has different documentation with different first names. Her birth cert. has her name listed as Noreen M.as does all other legal documents. The exception to this is her marriage license and my brothers birth certificate, they have her name listed as Nora M. I do not know what which name is listed on mine.
    Is there any legal concerns we need to address over this issue?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 02:54 PM

As long as she is not trying to defraud anyone, there are no significant concerns with the discrepancies. If she wants them corrected, it should be a simple trip to the courthouse with her birth certificate and probably social security card.
    camp13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    As long as she is not trying to defraud anyone, there are no significant concerns with the discrepancies. If she wants them corrected, it should be a simple trip to the courthouse with her birth certificate and probably social security card.
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding mothers last name to birth cetificate [ 2 Answers ]

How can I go of adding my last name to my daughters birthcertificate?

Adding mothers last name to child's birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about adding my last name to my child's farthers last name for her to have both last names?

Marriage License! [ 6 Answers ]

OK I am 17 and engaged. I turn 18 in 3 months and was wanting to get married the day after I turn 18. Is it possible for me to get my marriage license that fast or do I have to wait so many days for that do be able to happen?

Mothers last name on birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I have been divorced for more than a year now and I keep my married name for professional reasons, plus I did not want to go through all the hassle of changing everything again. I am now 8 months pregnant with my boyfriend and was wondering if I could put my maiden name down as my last name without...

Marriage license information [ 4 Answers ]

What information will I need to get married in cook county

View more questions Search