Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Mar 24, 2009, 12:24 PM
    Mothers given up
    Im asking on behalf of my mother, she seems to think that she doesn't fit into society. She struggles to make friends with others, and if she does make friends they seem to turn against her. My mother is a kind, friendly person. She never intentionally hurts anyone. Due to this I think she lacks self esteem.

The area that we live in is not a mulit cultural area. We stand out due to our differences. My mother seem to think this could be apart of her problem. I however have never had a problem with fitting in with the local people. So I cannot see the link

This is not a recent issue, she has had social problems for a very long time. At school she sufferd from racial abuse, and she now has a problem with defining the difference between racism and someone disliking her.

Its mainly women who dislike her, causing problems for our family with their gossiping and rude behaviour. Could this be jealousy? As my mother is a very beautiful woman.

My mother doesn't help herself, she has given up in some senses. She is very bitter.

Any advice would be welcome.
    AlpineAnnie Posts: 77, Reputation: 13

Mar 24, 2009, 06:48 PM

Where do you live and what age is your mother? Sometimes, joining a group that has a common interest as she does can help. It really sounds like she needs to make a friend.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 06:53 PM

Being part of a community, social groups, church or religious groups,

But I know many, if you look for and think there is a racial problem behind every tree you will find it or at least something you can call it.

Normally a change has to start within and wanting to be friends

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mothers' Day [ 5 Answers ]

I've shopped for Mothers' Day and I also want to cook for her something special. I know my mum loves steak, however I am not that good at making the steak soft, what are your tips? Thanks in advance. :)

Mothers day ? [ 2 Answers ]

I didn't know what to put this under sorry. Anyway I want to make a video for my mom for mothers day. I want to sing on the video but what song could I possible sing? My mum doesn't listen to music much, I don't know what to sing please help?

Mothers day? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, Mothers Day is Sunday and I would like to call and wish my ex's mother a happy mother"s day because, we were very close. My question is should I call and extend to her a happy mother's day or not?

Marrying a gril whose mothers surname is same as my mothers [ 4 Answers ]

I am jain, I love one girl from our caste ,her mothers family surname and my mothers family surname is same? Now I was was not knowng her until I met her , she is not related to me , yet everyone is sayng it will be like brother sister marriage! Also people talk about genetic problems due to...

Mothers day! [ 3 Answers ]

Happy Mothers day to those that celebrate it today and all those expecting mothers! :)

View more questions Search