Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bucknelligan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 07:29 AM
    Left & right brake lights, out, 2000 Ford Explorer
    Left & right red brakes lights not working, the center red brake light, near roof, is working.
    Amber lights come on with hazard switch. Amber lights come on with turn signals.
    Red Tail lights come on when lights turned on.
    Thanks for your help.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 07:49 AM

The lamps on the body and the high mount both share the same switch but the circuit splits after power comes out of the switch.
    First, make certain the bulbs are actually good. This is a step that even seasoned techs forget. Check the sockets with an unpowered test lamp: you'll be looking for both power and ground. If you don't have one or the other, you need to trace back along the harness to find what will likely be an open circuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brake lights on ford explorer [ 5 Answers ]

My brake lights on my Explorer are out. The problem is not the bulbs. What should I be looking for that would cause this problem? Appreciate any help. Mickey

2002 Ford Explorer Brake Lights Remain On After I Park And have left the Car. [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I am wanting to know why my rear lights remain on after I have parked and removed my key form the ignition. I don't even use the rear lights during daytime. Leads me to believe the lights must be brake lights. Can anybody tell me why these lights remain on? After I removed the Brake...

2000 Ford Explorer Brake Lights [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer and it seems that my brake lights don't work. The lights at the top of the hatch work, but neither of the rear lights do; not even when I'm in reverse. Is it the bulbs or a fuse? And how do I remove the cover so that I can change the bulbs myyself. Or which fuse controls...

Ford Explorer Brake Lights [ 4 Answers ]

My 2003 explorer brake lights will not turn off when I turn off my car. Can you help?

View more questions Search