Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tootsiechoppin Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2006, 11:59 AM
    Cost of siding 2000 sq. ft. home...
    Looking into putting siding on, it currently has old slate and was built in 1880. Does anyone have an estimated guess on what this will total?
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Sep 3, 2006, 06:03 PM
    You have 2000 spr/ft of wall space which translates into "20 square". A "square" is a 100 sqr/ft (10 x 10 area). You use the term "square" when it comes to siding and roof shingles.
    So you can expect the siding install to be about $250.00 per square. This is a base price for the siding installation and materials only. It may be more or less depending where you live. Also take into consideration this doesn't usually include waste removal, capping the windows, house prepping (slate removal,backer board, etc), soffits or fascia coverings.

Best thing to do is get estimates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Siding [ 2 Answers ]

I have seen on the TV ads for siding being a certain amoutn per square feet. Without having to call the company I would like to figure out how that would be for my house. Can anyone tell me how they figure square footage. Would it be as simple as the length of the house by the height on each side?...

Vertical siding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm interested in re-siding my house with vertical siding, but was wondering if anyone knows of a supplier that makes it in lenghths of about 25ft so that I can do the whole of the house in one run? Otherwise I'll have to do it in sections 12 ft high and run a j channel across, but I'd...

Siding [ 9 Answers ]

Is there an easy way to take aluminum siding off a house? I need to take a little section off to look underneath there and I am having a hard time. It is nothing like vinyl siding.

Map home drive on a Mac environment from WIndows 2000 Server [ 0 Answers ]

Hopefully some one can help me I am using WIndows 2000 Server and have created user accounts on active directory. The lab which the user are going to access this server are using emacs running OS 10.2 & 10.3. I am trying to give user a home directory in which they can save work. -I need a...

Opportunity cost vs relevant cost [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused between the two costs, opportunity cost and relevant cost. What's the relation between them and difference from each ? Can someone help to explain it? Thx.

View more questions Search