Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UnluckyDucky Posts: 210, Reputation: 110

Mar 23, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Hey Rome - should put something in there about "What to do with your ex's things". I know we get that question a lot here.

Good stuff so far though bud :)
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 08:07 AM

Thanks! I will do that right now
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Mar 23, 2009, 08:09 AM

This is excellent, Rome!
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Mar 23, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Hey Rome,

I would add a sentence to say something about this site/forum too!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starlite1 View Post
    Hey Rome,

I would add a sentence to say something about this site/forum too!
    Perhaps I am not seeing this, but if they stumble onto this thread, there is no need to add a sentence regarding this site... :D
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 08:46 AM

Perhaps it would be nice to include "Proof" story links... like a link to your story, Sneeze, and some others I am forgetting...

Just rattling off ideas here..
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 08:47 AM

Ah! Good idea Kc, proof that it works ha ha
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 23, 2009, 10:03 AM

I'm guessing that this applies to people that we never dated before, but really like?
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 10:05 AM

Ummm... no... this applies to an ex... it is a break up situation...
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 23, 2009, 10:07 AM

Umm... OK... but you guys started this idea in my thread.
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 10:09 AM

It is an all around way to get over someone. Emotional detox, a way to be able to detach yourself from another person emotionally.
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 10:52 AM

1. No contact means NO CONTACT, don't call write, email, text or message them
    a. It's a hard thing to do, it's an emotional detox and takes a lot of work

Step ahead of you bro. It's tough work, whether it's someone you dated or someone you really like
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 11:04 AM

Some quotes that I found inspirational through NC. :D

"Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt myself putting it back together"

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

"I don't miss her. I miss who I thought she was."
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2009, 11:14 AM

I have quotes posted all over my room that helped me get through the pain. I feel those are some of the best things to help surround you with positive thinking.
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Mar 23, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Good

They will, I repeat THEY WILL try to contact you eventually.
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Mar 23, 2009, 01:45 PM
    This brilliant advice.

They will, I repeat THEY WILL try to contact you eventually-.I don't think this is true for everyone. Some people go different ways and contact is cut for good.
    Hathor Posts: 73, Reputation: 9

Mar 23, 2009, 10:33 PM
    They will, I repeat THEY WILL try to contact you eventually-.I don't think this is true for everyone. Some people go different ways and contact is cut for good.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I agree. Some ex's try to contact us, some don't. ACTUALLY I THINK MOST OF THEM DON'T. When sb dumped you, it was their own intention to stop their contact with you. So why would they try to get back? Either they think they made a mistake and that they really do love and miss you (after getting TIME to MISS you), or they're true jerks/es who want their cake and eat it too (in case they dumped you for sb else).

Actually, the NC isn't about them, it's about US, things that help us move forward. In my case, NC is for 2 reasons

1. I want to ERASE them from my life. Being haunted by the good times and the fact that we can't have that anymore is a soul killer.

2. Instead of driving myself nuts waiting for their emails/contacts on the net, I just block them COS I DON'T Want to KNOW Whether THEY'RE TRYING TO CONTACT ME. THE THOUGHT OF THEM NOT EVEN CARING ABOUT ME JUST DRIVES ME INSANE. SO I'D RATHER NOT KNOW.

Unfortunately, we can't block calls on our mobiles (or can we? I don't know, maybe some tech genius out there know how), so I think your strategies are pretty good, along with your strategies in case you study or work with them (in which case I think would be the hardest).

But I'd like to add about the net. Deleting them from your list doesn't help because they can still contact you. YOU HAVE TO BLOCK AND DELETE THEM. You can do that on Facebook, msn, skype, and other online social networking systems. And now YOU CAN EVEN BLOCK EMAILS. DON'T PUT THE ADDRESSES AS SPAMS COS THEY CAN STILL COME UP (AS SPAMS).
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 05:09 AM

Blocking them from your social sites is a good idea, but seldom does it happen, erasing them from your friends list is a good start, the main problem the people have with their ex's page is that they look at their status updates(tells what they are doing) and getting either hope or discouraged from it.

Very rare do we have someone who actually blocks them on myspace or Facebook, also with e-mail addresses, SPAM is just like deleting their e-mail accounts as most web based e-mail have folders for spam and you won't even notice.

About the whole them not contacting you, 95% of the people on here can attest to their ex trying to get in touch with them after the break up. KC, myself, Sneezy, A4 and countless others, so it does hold true for 95% of them.
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 06:03 AM

I changed my phone number. I think it depends on the determination of some people to just be done with this. After countless times of causing myself more and more pain, I finally just changed everything to where whe COULD NOT contact me.

You can literally erase someone from your life if you are determined to do so. You can also block numbers from your cell phone, it is VERY easy. All you do is contact your cell phone provider (of course, that doesn't stop them from contacting you on an unknown number).
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 08:02 AM

Exactly, but my point was, most will try to contact you eventually which seems pretty well stated by the amount of posters "she called me, what does it mean" questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

FAQ's on flame sensors [ 1 Answers ]

Northernheat expert where do I find the FAQ"S that you suggest I read

New bathroom install in basement. General FAQ's [ 5 Answers ]

I recently committed to the wife for a new 1/2 bath in the basement. We purchased a SaniFlo Macerating Toilet and a standard sink/vanity for install. The room is prepped and I am moving onto the plumbing. We have a dis-agreement. A little help from anyone here would be nice! I have the sink...

1990 CRX no start, read the FAQ's... [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, here we go…. 1990 CRX DX 1.5 Manual Trans, Canada Driving to work the other morning, came to a stop and my 1990 CRX quit. I tried to re-start but it would not fire. Rolls over just fine but not even a hint of starting. Got it back home and broke out the Honda manual.. Yes, I have the...

View more questions Search