Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paralyed Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 04:09 AM
    At my wits end!
    My gf's behavior on Saturday night has finally put me over the edge. I was invited to a Paddy's Day party. I immediately asked her to come with me. She first refused because she didn't like the people that were going to be there. Particularly the girls that would be there. After an argument regarding one of the girls who has been a friend for a long time now, she agreed that she would come to the party with me. A week later she changed her mind. She had been invited to another party. I didn't make a fuss, I simply stated "well that's good then". Of course she requested that I come with her. I had my plans already made so I declined. We both agreed that we would try and meet up afterwards if possible. Problem solved right? As the weekend grew closer, she had an opportunity to attend a concert the same night as both parties. She jumped on the opportunity. I had no problems with it. I actually drove her and her cousin to the concert before I headed to my party. I specifically told her to come to my friends party after the concert, and to bring whomever she wished.

She showed up, completely hammered. My friends were people I had met during our last break up over Xmas. She acted way over the top. Dancing, falling around, loud and obnoxious. She is always outgoing but she was trying much too hard. I didn't think it was a big deal, I thought well at least she is having fun, and she can see that my friends are good people and I have no interest in any of the females in the group. After an hour, she became beligerant with me. She accused me of ignoring her (not true). She accused me of staring at the other girls (not sure if it was true or not, it was a small house and I couldn't just sit there with my head down). She threatened to leave, told me I had no respect for her, wasn't proud of her, and all of her other bf's before me had much more respect for her. That was the kicker for me. She has made this kind of statement before and I warned her about saying things like that previously. I kept my cool because I didn't want to make a scene. We went to a club afterwards, and she left me outside on the steps. My other friends waited inside by the door until I was allowed in. At this point I hoped I would just lose her. Eventually I found her inside, she wasn't actively looking for me. Later on the dance floor, a girl that I have known for years waved to me. My girlfriend lost it. She stormed off the dance floor and left me there. Then started texting me, letting me know she was over by the bar. I chatted to other people I knew before I went to get her. WHen I found her again, she was in an argument with another girl that she thought liked me. I passed her her coat and said "lets go". Outside the club she continued arguing with me. She was extremely drunk and I wanted to leave her there. But, I couldn't leave a drunk woman on the sidewalk. I wanted to send her home to her own house, but the cab ride was much too far, and my place was closer. She had no money of course. We had to go home to my place. I have an elderly woman as a landlord and I had to act sweet and nice once we were home so as not to start a vicious argument that would have woken up the landlady. I was very angry but kept my cool. I put her to bed and I quickly fell asleep. The odd thing is, the next morning she was short with me. As if I had done something wrong. She was embarrassed by her behavior, but it seemed like she felt it was my fault. I drove her home and she went back to bed. I left, not wanting to be around her anymore at that point. SHe later apologized for her behavior and claimed that she forgot most of what she had said to me. I told her that I would no longer put up with the jealousy or the tantrums, and I no longer wanted her around me while she was under the influence. I have been through this with her before, and I know it will never change. She has been the sweetest girl on the planet since our conversation, but I know she will revert back after a while. We were supposed to book a trip down south for next month, I plan on NOT doing that now. Anyone experience this kind of drunken jealousy where they take no responsibility?
    hoightoider Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2009, 07:15 AM

Hey! Count your blessings you haven't married her and move on. I think it is a safe bet she will "show out" again given the opportunity. Men and women like this are not worth the trouble.
    lilthechic Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Mar 23, 2009, 07:41 AM

She obviously has esteem issues. She is insecure and thinks she is not good enough for u. from your story, she has a huge problem.

If you love her then you should help her deal with it. Be there for her and be patient. You need to be stern too. Let her know you wouldn't put up with her hogwash but do so in love. Try to concentrate on her good sides (if any) and then weigh your options.

She needs to grow up and has a lot of learning to do. But if you can't do it anymore, then u should walk away but remember to tell her why you are walking away. State it clearly, no matter how much it may hurt. She needs to know and maybe she woud look inwardly and try to grow up.

Have you ever dated someone like her before? Could it be that you attract people with such character?

Anyway, best of luck with whatever your final decision is.
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Mar 24, 2009, 03:27 PM

NO MORE DRINKING. She obviously cannot hold her alcohol like a resposible adult. Let her know if she wants to be with you... no more drinking in public only whne you 2 are alone because she made a complete fool out pf herself last time and you will not tolerate that.

PS.
    You should have called a cab to take her home or left her with a friend at the party. She got the wrong idea that you were a pushover that's why she didn't act all sorry and ashamed on the morning.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2009, 04:07 PM

I'd say getaway from this girl and fast.

She's not in a good mental place, she needs to sort herself out before she can attempt to have a relationship.

My ex was extremely jealous. We ended up not going out together drinking at all towards the end of our relationship because of the fits he would have when we did.

If there is no hope of change it's time to move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am at my wits end with my 18 yr old son [ 4 Answers ]

Please help I am at my wits end! My 18 year old son is not coming home for days, he is out drinking but he is not going to work too. About once a month he rings in sick on a Monday morning and I am scared that he is going to get the sack soon, I am just worried as he has a good job and at his...

At wits end [ 4 Answers ]

My husband have been married now for 4 months but have been together for a total of 3 living together for 2 and a half. I love him and his beautiful 11 year old son more than anything. My husband is now disabled and stays home, I support us all and go to school full time. My new step son is...

At wits end [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I have an 11 yr old son who has learning disabilities. Though his father and I share custodial custody 50/50 and his dad is suppose to have 50/50 physical custody, over the past 11 years the time he has spent with his dad averages to 1% a year. His dad lives nearby, but married, has a 7 yr...

At the end of my wits [ 2 Answers ]

I am in a situation where I had adopted a child and now she has become uncontrollable.:confused: She has been with us for 9 yrs. And she has done every drug she can get her hands on and all the alcohol she can find as well. Do to our efforts to keep it all away. When she gets in trouble by one of...

At Wits End [ 18 Answers ]

We have an eight year old son, whom we adopted at age 15 months. He had health problems due to his inutero exposure, which I do not care to elaborate on. He never bonded with his caretakers up to those 15 months. He can be very pleasant, and 'people pleasing', however, he does not want to be told...

View more questions Search