Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedsomeadvice Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Mar 22, 2009, 10:06 AM
    My family coming to visit
    My family is finally able to come and visit me. I am so excited, I have not seen them in so long. They will finally be able to meet my husband.

I have mentioned to my in laws of their up coming visit, but should I invite them to dinner? I am not too fond to do that because when my sister came to visit me they, my mil and sil, actually had the nerve to ask her personal questions about me whenever I was not around, but did they really think she was not going to mention this to me. My sister is very sweet and polite, but my mother will not tolerate this and I don't want any problems or confrontations.

I overheard my mil and sil talking the other day about how they want my family to thank them for everything they do for me. So instead of coming and having a lovely dinner out with everyone, they want to turn this into their show and want praise and thanks. And I do not feel that their intentions are pure, I think that it would be their goal to ruffle up some feathers, this is how they are.

What do you think about all this?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 10:11 AM

If you have not seen your family in a long time, I would just have the dinner with them.
    Do the in-law thing another time.
    krzekali89 Posts: 66, Reputation: 8

Mar 22, 2009, 10:15 AM
    I think you should just let you and your family be, without your in laws. It sounds like you have'nt seen your family for a while and I think you should do some catching up with them, rather then entertain his family and hope a fight doesn't break out. You can have them meet the in laws another time, however if they are meeting you husband for the first time they should be able to sit down with the two of you and talk to you, not your in laws. I think you should just have your family over for now.

Seeing your family should be relaxing and fun, not overwhelming and you shouldn't have to worry about your in laws and your fmaily fighting. There are always other times for them to meet you in laws... plus your throwing on a husband for them to meet, but his parents too? Lol that's a bit much lol
    ineedsomeadvice Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Mar 22, 2009, 12:58 PM

Hey, thanks you guys.
    I feel that both of you are right.

Thank you for your support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend won't visit my family. [ 14 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over 2 years now. He has only been home with me around 5 times. And those 5 times he hasn't seen my parents each time. Only a couple. He NEVER goes to any family outings with me, or NEVER hangs out with my friends. I always have to be with his friends. ...

Visa for family visit? [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé lives in the UK and will be coming to visit his new family for a couple of weeks during the summer. Someone told us that he has to get a visa to do it. What all do we need to get before he come make the trip? And do I need to get anything besides my passport? I won't be going to school...

His ex coming to visit! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My boyfriend (I have been with him about 6 months) is having his sister and his exgirlfriend (of 3 years) to visit. His sister and his ex are fairly good friends. I will not be there. I am not worried that they will sleep together or anything, it just annoys me because I am...

Wanting to visit family in UK while on probation [ 1 Answers ]

Well I have recently have gotten in trouble with the law but nothing severe. I was hoping to travel to England to visit my sister in college. My court case in a week. My soon to be PO told me to research the boarder regulations. I will only be gone for 5-6 days. I thought though that the PO should...

View more questions Search