Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 12:38 PM
    My sister's ex is a complete liar
    My sister has been divorced for almost 2 years and is still involved in court hearings with the SOB because he does not abide by custody rulings that have been issued. We live in PA and initial hearings are conducted before a "master" who is not an attorney but who makes his recommendations to a judge, who normally issues the orders to fulfill the recommendations. My sister's ex lies before the master on all sorts of matters such as where he is living (he says he lives with his mother but, in fact, lives with his girlfriend and her 8 kids). When my sister says he is lying, he goes into such a rage against her that the master winds up believing HIM! There are other situations where he stands up and lies (he told the master my sister has a STD, which is absolutely not true and at one point, he kidnapped his own kids and would not return them from their Christmas visitation.
    My question is this: Is there a way, without any attorney, to force him to take a lie detector test and, if so, who would pay for this test? She spent in excess of $10,000 to get rid of the SOB and she is broke now! What are her options?? Thank you.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2009, 01:06 PM

I assume by master you mean mediator. And the answer is no - you cannot force him to take a lie detector test, even with an attorney.

If the mediator is unsatisfactory, you are entitled to a court proceeding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sister's friend is being mean to her [ 4 Answers ]

My sister just told me recently that her friends are ignoring her and it makes her feel very bad. She said that, they tell secrets behind her back and tell her to go away so they could talk. My sister is 8 years old. She said that at lunch time, they chose to sit by her but only talk among...

Want to adopt sister's child [ 6 Answers ]

My sister was having her son with her and going through a difficult divorce when suddenly she died in a car accident. Now we want to adopt her child as her husband has not bothered to see his child or even offer child support for over 2 yrs now but he is unwilling to give us adoption rights. Can we...

My sister's cat is sick - any ideas? [ 1 Answers ]

I am aiding my sister in trying to figure out what is wrong with her cat. Of course the vet is treating her, but he is puzzled as well. 4 days ago the 6 year old cat developed lethargy and vomiting. She went to the vet on Thursday and blood tests were run - a geriatric panel which consists of a...

Sister's son [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, My sister's husband passed away and she is left with 3 kids. She is jobless and cannot take care of all the kids, can anyone here help me get someone to adopt one of my sister's son?

My little sister's friend has a HOT big bro [ 4 Answers ]

So a normal day it is, then I knowtest that my little sis invited a friend. When her friend rang the bell I went to go get it . Next thing you know me and her hot big bro were saying hi and making eye contact:) . I was so stupid cause I opened the door said hi and didn't even invite him in. but...

View more questions Search