Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abearbruce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Clutch repair on a 95 honda accord
    Lost the pressure on clutch. Bled the line worked fine for 2 weeks. Went out again. Changed the slave cylinder. Still not clutch. Goes to floor won't engage. Changed the master cylinder. (old one showed signs of leaking) Tied to bleed the line. Still no pressure. Cutch stays to floor. Any suggestions? When I follow the line from the master cylinder to slave cylinder looks like the line goes into another part then the line goes out of that part into the slave cylinder. What is this other part and could it be my problem?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2006, 07:22 PM
    Your only problem is that you have air in the system. Attach clear plastic tubing to bleeder screw, having it drain into a Coke bottle. Push clutch pedal to floor so that brake fluid will flow through the hydraulic system, after you open the bleeder screw and remove the top to the clutch master cylinder reservoir. Pour fresh brake fluid in the reservoir, until all the old fluid and air are purged from the system. Close off bleeder screw, replace top to the reservoir, and pump clutch several times. After you know everything is working properly, make sure not to fill the reservoir over the MAX line.

An alternative is to use a Cal-Van One Man Bleeder, which I use every 2 years to change the fluid in my brakes and clutch. However, you have so much air in your system, at this point, that I'm not sure it would work well for you. A power bleeder would be ideal for you at this point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1986 Honda Accord LX/1996 Honda Accord LX [ 12 Answers ]

Would someone be able to tell me if the wheels on an 1986 Honda Accord are interchangeable with those of a 1996 Honda Accord. Thank you

Honda Accord 97 [ 5 Answers ]

I need help with my Honda Accord 97-SE; My vehicle will not start or turn over (no sound). My windows, a/c and dash item will not work and I can't place the vehice in gear. I check the fuses under the hood and all appears well--- any ideas

94 Honda Accord Hydraulic Clutch Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I am losing clutch fluid from my LX Accord but cannot find any evidence on the floor or engine. Wwhere else should I look? Is it possible that the leak is so small that the DOT3 fluid evaporates before showing up on the garage floor? Thanks for any suggestions you might have. Vols

Honda Accord H Reg [ 1 Answers ]

Hi does anyone know why my engine management light stays on - when the engine is switched on and stalls/ there are problems with starting? Many thanks

View more questions Search