Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluedude44 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 10:14 PM
    Shoplifted.need assistance
    I shoplifted over 3 years ago, the item was $20, I got caught by store security filled out some papers and they told me not to come back for a year. After that I got a call from an officer talked about the situation and that was it. After that I got a letter from a lawyer of the company I stole the hat, I was told to pay a fine and did, haven't heard a word from this situation again. I have worked at a bank for the last year now I'm assuming I don't have a record because I doubt id be able to get this job. Now I want to apply to the police force, would this be on my record, do I have a record, would they be able to find out this info on me?
    I never had my fingerprints taken, or had a court date, or anything like that, just talked to an officer about the situation and then paid a fine.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 11:04 PM

How old were you when you did it? If you were under 18 it's not on your record, if not it more than likely is, even if you didn't get fingerprinted (it's like getting a ticket for a traffic violation I think, it's on your record but you didn't get a mug shot and fingerprinted).
    Even if it is on your record, it never hurts to try and apply for jobs like being a police officer or working for a bank, you can't let one mistake hold you back. The worst they can say is no.

Mar 20, 2009, 05:39 AM

I was 19 when this happened, if it is like a traffice ticket don't they eventually get taken off your record when a certain amount of time passes. Its been well over 3 years since it happened. Also if it is on my record for some reason I would like to think I would be able to get a pardon.

Mar 20, 2009, 05:39 AM
    I am also from Ontario, if this helps at all

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifted less than 30 dollars worth, need to know the punishment [ 6 Answers ]

So I got caught trying to take a few beads from a craft story after it was all added up the total was 28.47. The cop came and wrote me a court summons date. No finger prints no note of a ticket to be sent just a court date. The date is on the 19th of nov, but I'm leaving town on the 20th I need to...

Shoplifted a bra n now I have to bring it back [ 28 Answers ]

Ok, so I'm 15 n I stole a bra from the store like 2 weeks ago and my mom found out about it and she making me take it back tomorrow I was jw if anyone knows like what they'll do? By the way I live and the usa

Entering US (shoplifted but was not charged) [ 1 Answers ]

I am 17 and I've been caught shoplifting but was not charged. The police has a note on my file that I've shoplifted. I was wondering if this will affect me when I try to cross the US border? Will I have to step out and answer questions, denied entry, etc?

14 yo daughter shoplifted [ 1 Answers ]

My 14 yo daughter shoplifted for the 1st time a Mother's Day necklace that I subsequently paid $20 for. The store sent me a letter wanting $150 for the crime. I didn't pay it & I got $450 bill from a lawyer.She has a court date in 3 days. What must I do? Be nice.

I shoplifted. [ 1 Answers ]

.. I shoplifted in jcpenny I'm a 1st timer with no record got fined to pay civil penalty and have court.I lifted 242.00$worth do you know what can be my penalties?.

View more questions Search