Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duece1967 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Behavior change
    Is it unheathy to not spay an indoor cat
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 19, 2009, 10:50 PM

A spayed cat is a much healthier and happier cat in the long run. It decreases the chance of cancer as well as other health benefits and prevents unwanted litters and stress from pregnancy and heat. In dogs females go into heat about twice a year and it lasts for about three weeks. In female cats however may come into heat every two or three weeks. While the cat is in heat she will be more irritable and nervous and may even become aggressive. Female cats will also yowl and rub excessively. I have had an unspayed indoor cat before. She was almost always in heat and it wasn't fun with the loud yowling and having her rear end constantly put directly in everyone's faces. You also cannot be 100% positive that your cat will not make a dash past you. I definitely suggest the procedure. It will save you a lot of headaches later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat behavior change [ 4 Answers ]

My male cat has been acting strangely the last couple of days. He usually does not like to sit with people, and dislikes being bothered, but lately this has changed. He has been sleeping in weird places, like under desks, and comes and curls up next to people. Also if you pick him up and set him...

Mother's change in behavior [ 2 Answers ]

I'll try to summarize this the best I can. My mother has always been very active and usually likes to be in charge. Her life is geared around her children, church and one of her favorite activities is her large yard. She's always liked to travel a lot, but prefers short trips as she likes being...

My cat behavior has change [ 2 Answers ]

My cat has been hissing at my husband mostly lately. She has not been the friendliest of cats. We have only been married for a short while. She seemed to be OK with him and now she has gone backwards. She is almost 12 years old... any thoughts?

Sudden change in behavior [ 1 Answers ]

My 3-y-old neutered, female Burmese cat, who has always been very gentle and loving both with me and my other cats has suddenly started attacking my other two cats. This has lasted for about 16 hours at this time. What could be wrong with her?

Cat Behavior Change [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an 11 year old cat who has , over the past few weeks, become more withdrawn and just acting.. different. He doesn't come when he's called, he kind of hides from everyone and the other cats (one his brother and one his best friend). He just has lost the spring in his step and even his...

View more questions Search