Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mujeeb Rahuman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 05:50 AM
    Volume of water in a Pipe
    Hi All

Could any one please tell me about how to find the volume of water in the pipe with respecticve of pise size.

I know it can be calculated through the formula :3.14 x R2 x H... The result is in 'cubic inches'.

Alternatevely,If you can suggest any other way to find out the volume in 'litres'

Please indicate the answer with the referred standard if any.

Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 05:55 AM

This should help:
    1 liter = 61.0237441 cubic inches
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 07:11 AM

To be really, really picky, it does depend on pressure and density. What you can ask without a problem is what is the volume of a pipe having X dimensions.

The volume of water at the standard temperature and pressure willl be different, bu that's getting really picky.

With water, you can use 1 CC is 1 ml at atmospheric temperature and pressure and go from there. 1 CC also weighs 1 gram since the density is 1 gm/cc.

If you had water at 80 C and then let it out of the pipe and let it cool to 25 C, the volume at 25 C will be different.

Sometimes it matters, usually it doesn't.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2009, 07:30 AM

If I remember, when it freezes, it expands 11%?
    PlumbRob7 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2011, 10:23 PM
    I know this is an old post but if you multiply diameter(in feet!) squared x .7854 x H' (in feet!)
    gives you cubic feet.. There are 35.31 cubic feet in one cubic meter and 1000 litres in one cubic meter.
    To convert diameter in inches to feet you divide by 12

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker for underground water pump trips when a large volume of water is used [ 2 Answers ]

The breaker for the pump trips when the washer fills. Washer repair person said it is not the washer and pump repair person said the pump is working correctly. Breaker does not trip every time. Could it be a bad breaker?

Water hammering, water arresters, big pipe flowing into small pipe [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a water hammer (I'm guessing) problem in our house. All the pipes are under the house and it is a timber house so each time there is a water hammer noise it is extremely noisy. Basically any tap in the house is making the noise when turning on or off quickly with loud bangs. Cold...

Volume of water [ 15 Answers ]

Hello I need to know how to figure how many gallons of water do I have to poure into a 10" diameter pipe to get 5 pounds of head pressure? Thanks

Water volume [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know the volume of water discharged from a residential washing machine?

Hot water volume [ 1 Answers ]

My 50 gal gas hot water heater has slowly come to where it has very little hot water volume. The water gets hot enough, but very little of it. Any suggestions about what to do? Ccf

View more questions Search