Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guzman27 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 04:53 PM
    "Blue Screen of Death
    I have a windows vista dell machine and I had it for about 2 years. But, I am getting the "Blue Screen of Death" in the following::confused:

*** stop: 0x0000007f

crash dump
    dumping physical memory to disk: 100

Is this a critical issue?
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 11:13 PM

Most of time it happens cause of hardware failure but some times it also happens when kernel file corrupted or unable to locate lack of disk space or not found and further help go through this article General causes of "STOP 0x0000007F" errors,
    b_harish123 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 01:26 AM

Try to restart the computer in safe mode and try to do system restore

If that doesn't work then try to do a repair using the Vista CD provided by Dell...
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2009, 08:22 AM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.
    sreenivaspn81 Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Apr 1, 2009, 07:57 PM

Repair the Operating system with a bootable disk by pressing R to repair option

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue Screen of Death [ 5 Answers ]

My computer has the blue screen of death thing popping up when I turn it on. I have fixed it before, maybe a year ago or so. I just installed some new software and I have to go into safe mode to un-install it. But th thing is I can't go into safe mode or anything. So what can I do?...

Blue Screen of Death [ 10 Answers ]

Yeah my friend has this and it will pop up once in a while. The thing is he's got a windows vista and I'm not too familiar with using it and down't know how I could fix the blue screen of death? Anyone know? Please and thanks.

Blue screen of death [ 17 Answers ]

Just purchased a Dell Inspiron E1705 with mobile capabilites. Service is with Cingular. Every time I go surfing on the web at some point I will get this blue screen telling me windows has shut down to protect the computer. Dell tech support has been useless in solving this problem. Any...

Please help... Blue screen of death! [ 7 Answers ]

Yes, I have had the blue screen of death for a few months now. I have tried numerous stupid things but they don't seem to work It hadn't happened for a few weeks until today, it happened again. I have the error reports for it if that helps. Is there anyting I can do?

Blue screen of death [ 4 Answers ]

got a friend with this problem any ideas to resolve it ERROR 0x00000024 NTFS.SYS and it says... check the disk with CHDSK /F to repair the problem... but I can't because I can't access to anything to do a CHKDSK... :)

View more questions Search