Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlegore2000 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 11:14 AM
    What's the best way to bait and trap gnats?
    What's the best way to trap and kill gnats.I am barely watering my plants.I have no fruit out.I have tried the apple vinegar in a jar with plastic wrap.that hasn't caught one.I also tried the sugar and vinegar in a pop bottle still nothing.I am trying not to use chemicals.Any ideas would be great even if you a chemical that you know works let me know I will try it as a last result thanks.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Mar 16, 2009, 05:07 PM

It doesn't sound like fruitflies, so the vinegar traps probably won't attract them. Most good exterminators won't charge you for an inspection to identify the insects, although they will try to convince you to get on a program.
    rsromine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 09:25 AM
    I tried leaving shirax or merlot wine in an open container that has a snap on lid. They seem to love it and crawl around inside the container. Then I quickly snap the lid on and after awhile they drop into the wine and die. Problem solved!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gnats/ fruit flies? [ 10 Answers ]

This year I have seem quite a few Gnats/ Fruit flies? ( I am not sure what they are called.) They look like baby flies and they are in my kitchen, around my kitchen sink . I have lived here 25 years and have never seen anything like this. Some one told me they are coming from my kitchen drains...

What rats move very large pieces of bait? [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of rats under ahouse moving large chunks of bait through a heating duct to the bottom of a heating register? When the duct guys cleaned our house today because. Of rat problem they found a large pile of uneaten bait in the register. It was put down a eek ago to catch rats under our...

Gnats and flies! [ 4 Answers ]

I've had a problem with gnats ands flies for a long time now. I have 3 rabbits, 2 cats 1 puppy and I keep their areas of the house clean. They were usually in the kitchen but now they are everywhere. People can't come to my house because I'm afraid of what they may think of my housekeeping skills,...

Fleas or gnats [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I got 'em flying around, but how do you tell what they are, and are they on my cat? excon

View more questions Search