Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tawnyar24 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 08:51 PM
    is it cancer?
    hello I'm a 26yr.old female and I have been in the e.r so many times now for chest pains and I have been told so many things 1)i have anxiety.2)to much stress.3)heart palpitations.and the last that scared me was a lung nodule on my right lung so this is why I'm here looking for answers that I did not ask because I was so scared at the time.I had to drink this dye for a ct scan and I had about 2or 3 ct scans and 2 x-rays my doctor tells me that it's nothing to worry about but I do it's only been 3 months since they found the nodule so I was wondering if any one knows if for sure the e.r doctors and my doctor know if it's cancer or not I feel they just teel me this so I won't worry so much because I have three childern the younest is 7 months old.but my pain in my chest is on the right side and it goes through to my back I have been checked for gallstones and everything fine.well the only thing I can think of is my lung because that's where it feels like it's at.so if any one can answer my ?'s can a doctor know for sure if I have lung cancer just by the test's they have done on me? And what test was done when they had me drink that nasty dye and they also put some kind of med.in my I've at the same time I forget what she told me it was but it hurt my vain when she put it in, it kind of made me feel like I was wetting my pants but I was not.if any one can help I would be so grateful and sorry for this being so long but I wanted to make sure I told every thing I can.and again please help me get any answer's
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 11, 2009, 09:05 PM

You do understand that we cannot diagnose you. We can't see you or examine you. And no one here is a doctor (although we have a variety of medical people).

Why didn't you ask about the dye and the med? I had a ct-scan on my head years ago with the dye. The dye is to better see certain areas or if the blood circulates freely.

Just looking at your post and reading about the repeated ER visits makes me think the anxiety/stress thing is at least part of what's wrong. You seem to be stretched tighter than a new clothesline!

Are you anxious about other things besides your health? Do you worry a lot about your children, about bills, about leaving the house to go shopping?

Did the doctor(s) suggest meds for anxiety?

Please tell me more.
    tawnyar24 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 05:26 AM
    Yes I very much understand that there is no doctor here I was just hoping to find some one that can relate to my problems.
    1)my doctor gave me adivan for anxiety.but sometimes it don't seem to help.
    2)i did ask about the dye and he told me the same thing you did it's better to see things and if something is wrong then it would make the problem glow in the ct scan.I just wanted to know what the name of the test was.
    3)no I don't feel like I have a fear to do anything.and I always worry about my childern.but never bills or leaving my home.
    That's why I don't feel like it's anxiety attacks but that's all I heard from a lot of people doctors and family members.
    I worry all the time if I have lung cancer or not that's why I wanted to know if the doctors can tell if it is by the test's they done?well thank you so much for your input! I go to my doctor's tomorrow and I wrote down a list of ?'s to ask him so I won't forget.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could it be cancer? [ 3 Answers ]

About a month ago, for some unknown reason my armpits became very itchy. I dismissed it as maybe just having razor burn or something. Then about a week ago, I noticed a lump in my left armpit and since then a couple more have popped up around it. Then just this morning, I felt a lump on my right...

Could this be cancer? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my mom discovered some spots that are starting to appear. She goes tanning almost everyday but has quit since she noticed this: picture is here Thanks

Cancer [ 4 Answers ]

My husband had cancer three years ago. The treatment they gave him caused him to have hearing loss and a little short term memory loss. Lately I am finding that his memory loss seems to be getting worse. He had the treatment at the VA and it was an experimental kind, since they didn't think he...

Cancer [ 8 Answers ]

I am a 12 year old Autistic (Asperger's) female, and I have been noticing some things going on with my right breast lately. It looks like it has been bruised up, my nipple is wrinked. I have been noticing discharge on my breast. I have had my meds. Switched from Risperdal to Geodon. Which...

Dog cancer [ 1 Answers ]

My 4 yr-old ****zu/Maltese was found to have a lump on her side in May 06. After several visits and different courses of antibiotics over a 2-month period, the affected area just would not heal completely. Then, another lump was discovered on the other side of her body. This time she was taken to a...

View more questions Search