Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alansmum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 04:31 PM
    New hands for alan.
    Hi there my name is hannah I am mum to 3 year old alan and I need some help and advice.

First I would like to tell you a bit about my son and why I am asking a question.

Alan was born in 2005 with a complexed heart defect which within 3 years he has had 9 operations, his last operation was in June 2008.

After this operation he cought an infection which made him really ill he was fighting for his life for 10 weeks, his little heart was working go hard to keep his body alive by sending blood to his lungs and brain that it stopped going to his hands.

Within 3 weeks his hands had turned black he looked like he had frost bite in October 08 while he was still in intencive care it was advised that surgeons took a look at his hands to see what could be done during this time surgeons had decided that alans fingers could not be saved so they had to be removed.

Alan finally left hospital in December 08 after 6 months he is now a happy semi healthy little boy who is very lucky to be here and his whole family especially me are really grateful to have him with us but now we need help.

We would like alan to have the best out of life so we are looking to get him some new hands this is why I am here now I need to know where and how I set up fundraiseing to get alan his hands.

If any one can help I would be really grateful this is not for personal gain I just want the best for my son so thank you to everyone who took the time out to read this plee.

Thank you hannh.
    BarbaryCoast Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 10:08 PM

You'll want to consult an attorney/barrister. And you'll want to take the baby with you. No reputable attorney will set up a charitable fund without verifying the facts first. A disreputable one might do it, but a good one will arrange for the publication of news stories, photos, and so on. Personally, I think you should start with a malpractice suit. That's the first thing the attorney will ask, to avoid being found complicit in any type of fraud.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alan Cote [ 4 Answers ]

We have a large original painting by Alan Cote. Any value?

Shadow of the Minotaur by Alan Gibbons? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm writing a report on his novel and really need some help! I need to analyse characters and draw hidden meanings out, having a big trouble summarizing the plot. Any help appreciated. :) :)

View more questions Search