Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suddenImpact Posts: 175, Reputation: 23

Mar 11, 2009, 04:00 AM
    Student Loan with bad credit
    Is it possible to get a student loan if you have bad credit? In the last year, I've had a lot going on that has really brought my credit down :( but I want to get back in school...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2009, 04:23 AM

It can depend on how bad your credit is. I'd fill out the FAFSA information and check with others as well, such as Sallie Mae. You could also look into the numerous scholarships that go unused every year. Doing a search will bring up many sites, but check with the financial aid office at the school you are thinking of attending and they should be able to give you some specific ones as well. Many are general scholarships, many are designed for specific fields of study.
    Grants... for example a Pell Grant, may be another option if your financial situation is such that you would qualify. Both scholarshps and grants would not have to be repaid.
    Good luck with your education!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Another F1 student - Private International Student Loan on 1040-NR-EZ [ 11 Answers ]

I'm in my fourth year of college as an international student. I filed 1040-NR-EZ since my first year since I always had a small income coming from on-campus employment. I financed these past two years of school with Sallie Mae International Student Loans and I was wondering if those will influence...

Student loan [ 1 Answers ]

How can I remove a student loan garnishment

We are co-signers for college age daughter's student loan - tax credit? [ 1 Answers ]

Our daughter goes to school out of state. Part of her tuition is paid through scholarships, part is through federal student loans (through FAFSA) and part is through a bank collegiate loan in her name co-signed by us. She doesn't have any income. Can we claim this on our joint return or does...

I need student debt consolidation loan for poor credit or bad credit [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone suggest me I'm from singapore and I wish to go study in USA.Anyoone suggest

Old Student Loan [ 4 Answers ]

I have a friend who is a Viet Nam Veteran. He was drafted while he was in college. When he went into the military he had about $5,000 in student loans. He was in the military for about six years. Got out and went to work. About 6 years ago he went to buy a car and found out that with interest he...

View more questions Search