Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carolynken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2006, 11:58 AM
    Etchings
    I have an antique art book titled "Recent French Art" with an 1887 copyright. It contains 16 photo-etchings from the portfolios of Meissonier, Sautal, Beraud, Dupre', and others. There is descriptive text, and info about the artists. Some pages in very nice shape, and others not so great. Most etching themselves are in good condition even if surrounding page is damaged. Beautiful work. Can you inform me whether the value is worth pursuing, and how?
    Thanks,
    Carolyn
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2006, 12:47 AM
    Recent French Art - Kellogg,Warren Boston Estes Lauriat 1887? / Kellogg, Walter Boston Estes and Lauriat 1887?
    Depending on edition and condition of book prices range from US $45.00 to US $2500.00. If you could give me more details and a good description about the cover (Is it green cloth with gilt-decorations? Is it red coverboards embossed in silver? Is it hardback?) I could tell you more.
    Kae

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyer Etchings [ 2 Answers ]

I have original framed etchings with similar markings as have been mentioned (SZL) and "Copyright 1936 Camilla Lucas-NY-USA". The label on the back shows the name of one of the etchings to be "On the Canche River" (Sur la Canche) and on the other etching "The Little Brook" (La Petite Source). ...

View more questions Search