Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmefferd68 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 10:04 AM
    How to stay friends with girl after you break up.
    I was friends with a girl for about 3 years and watched her go through guys cause they all were scum. So I started dating her about a month ago but now realize that we are to good of friends and I don't feel that way about her. How do I break up with her and remain friends. Cause I think she is very nice and deserves someone better. Please help?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Tell her the truth. Tell her what you just wrote. Give it a few days and wait for her to start talking to you again, if she does get angry or upset.

MRS.S
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Mar 9, 2009, 10:25 AM

I sugest you do it as soon as possible. Don't take it any further, less time the better. Be gentle and kind and tell the truth.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 10:28 AM

It has only been "about" a month, so I doubt either on of you have any real feelings towards the other... just tell her the truth. Sometimes it is just better to be friends with someone, as dating tends to complicate matters. I am sure she will understand, and it is best to be honest and up front NOW, rather than later.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 10:32 AM

Just be honest, it's really the best thing to do in these situations.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 9, 2009, 10:39 AM

You should tell her before this goes any further as everyone above has said. I would just tell her that you value your friendship a lot, and that you just don't want to lose her as a friend, so it's better to keep it on a friendship level because relationships can go south really quick... especially when you are young.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I got for it? Or stay as just friends? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 14 And I Recently Just Broke Up With My Boyfriend Who I Was With For 1 Year And 5 Months. I Don't Want To Go Rushing Into Other Relationships, But My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend Said He Likes Me. And I Think I'm Starting To Like Him As well. I've Known Him For Around 2 Years So I Know Him...

Stay friends after being cheated on? [ 7 Answers ]

I was friends with this guy and then we started dating. I knew he had been dating another girl but he supposedly had dumped her and started dating me. 3 months later he went on a trip with a group of friends and he cheated on me with the girl he had been dating before me. We became "friends" again,...

Should We Stay Friends? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Well here is my situation. My girlfriend broke up with me (long story so I won't get into the details) and she told me she wanted to remain friends. I responded by being honest with her. I told her that I couldn't be friends with her because I knew for a fact that every time I...

Stay friends? Or let go? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been friends with this girl on the net for about 3 years now. We became friends from playing an online video game. We played all the time and that's how our friendship grew. But over the last year an a half, she has been struggling in life. Her family fights with her other family, and her...

View more questions Search