Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajeshwar08 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 10:13 PM
    How to connect one LAN to 3 computers
    Sir, i am using lan .i want to use this same lan to use it for two more computers.what are the possible ways to use one lan to many pcs.should i use hub or a router.what kind of hub or router should i buy/ help me
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 11:13 PM

To use two more pcs, you can go for 8 ports switch, which can easily access with pcs and for a small network needn't to go for router and even hub also not in use. You can go for switch that is look like hub .
    rajeshwar08 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 01:06 AM
    If I use a switch,will I be able to share internet without any probs
    If I use a switch,will I be able to share internet without any probs.if it is possible,can I access internet simultaneously for two or more computers having only one internet connection
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Mar 9, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rajeshwar08 View Post
    if i use a switch,will i be able to share internet without any probs.if it is possible,can i access internet simultaneously for two or more computers having only one internet connection
    You must use a router for this. You can purchase a router with a builtin 4-port switch and wireless access point for about US$60-80.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2009, 10:54 AM

Just a point here, a LAN is a collection of network devices connected together to share resources. So, if you already have a LAN you are connecting at least two devices. If you are sharing the Internet, you probably already have a router. Most routers do come with a 4 port switch built in. If you need to connect more than 4 devices, you can daisy chain another switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I connect two computers through LAN? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know complete process for connecting 2 computers through LAN

How do I connect two xp computers [ 4 Answers ]

How do I connect two xp computers

How to connect computers for Lan [ 1 Answers ]

I am Fresher in Networking Field, I want to know different ways of coneecting computers for lan, How to create Proxy server, DNS

Cross-connect between two computers [ 3 Answers ]

I inadvertently connected a serial port on an older Dell D300 to the s-video on a newer (to me) Inspiron 5160. Now my usb ports are not working. I ran every diagnostic I could find, and everything says it is operating perfectly. I tried 4 different devices, and the computer does not recognize...

How to connect two computers? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everybody.. I'm new to computers.. n I've got two computers at home with windows xp running on them. I would like to know how to connect them to each other. I've got no NIC card and no cross over cable. Let me know the things I need them to connect. And secondly if I would like to connect them...

View more questions Search