Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    georgiaonmymind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 08:13 AM
    Dog licking other dogs
    My 19 month old black lab rescue mix female WILL NOT STOP LICKING my other 2 black lab rescue female and male 5 yr. old dogs. She licks their faces and mouths constantly and they hate it!
    Help! How can I stop Lucy from licking the other 2 dogs. (2 older dogs are not related).
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2009, 08:49 AM

I don't know but my younger dog grooms my older dog and the older dog HATES it - so my younger dog pins her down and then licks her face. It's some sort of pack mentality grooming thing, I think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog Licking Her Paws [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A 7 Year Old ****zu Who We Rescued From A Centre. Since We Adopted Her We Have Had Her On Numeroius Occasions To The Vets As Hse Is Constantly Licking Her Paws The Vet Says Its Her Anal Glands But We Have Had These Emptied Every time We Go And Within Days She Has Started Again. Has Anyone...

Can a fungus infection be transmitted from a dogs saliva to a human via licking? [ 1 Answers ]

Can a fungus infection be transmitted to a human via a dogs saliva?

Dog licking [ 2 Answers ]

My dog recently started licking everything. He licks the sofa, the bed, our skin, the carpet. We have had him for 8 years and he has always been the perfect dog. We are just curious. Just for your info, he recently had a check up and was diagnosed with heart murmur, and also never urinated in...

Licking pup [ 3 Answers ]

My puppy is a litte over a year old. It's a yorkshire terrior and he licks the floors and the doors.. and also he bites on the doors... does anyone no why?

Licking [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A 10 Month Old Puppy .her Problem Is Licking People .how Can I Break This Habit?

View more questions Search