Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    findan80sfilm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 03:51 PM
    What film am I describing?
    It was in the late 80's or early 90's. An American film.
    A man sees an alien light flash in the sky. This soon starts to affect him.
    The sun seems to speed up his mind and his body.
    He has to wear dark glasses to protect his eyes from the sun, because when he does incredible things it damages his body.
    He takes off the shades and can run very very fast. I think he had to do it to save someone or escape someone.
    He can perform complex equations that he couldn't have dreamed of before. In one scene he is writing on glass extremely quickly something about physics or maths.
    I haven't seen this film for 15-20 years and can only remember this much.
    I remember it being very good, but I was much younger. I would like to see it again.

Please help; it is driving me crazy that I can't remember what it was called.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    husz4076 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 05:15 PM

Stars John Travolta :Phenomenon

Mar 8, 2009, 03:24 PM

Thanks for trying but that is definitely not the film.
    In Phenomenon, John Travolta only got smarter.
    The film I am asking about was about 10-15 years earlier.
    The lead character could run very fast and had to cover his eyes from the sun as it amplified his new abilities but was also killing him.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Mar 8, 2009, 06:51 PM

Northstar (1986) (TV)

Mar 12, 2009, 04:14 PM
    Thank you. That must be it! Finally!
    Would you happen to know where I can find a copy on DVD or video so that I can see it again?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating the different number of cases and describing them [ 5 Answers ]

The council is ordering pizza for their next meeting. There are 20 council members, 7 of whom are vegetarian. A committee of 3 will order 6 pizza from a pizza shop that has a special for a large pizza with up to 3 toppings. The shop offers 10 toppings. The committee wants as much variety as...

Calculating the different number of cases and describing them [ 2 Answers ]

The council is ordering pizza for their next meeting. There are 20 council members, 7 of whom are vegetarian. A committee of 3 will order 6 pizza from a pizza shop that has a special for a large pizza with up to 3 toppings. The shop offers 10 toppings. The committee wants as much variety as...

What is the name of the outdoor toy I am describing? [ 2 Answers ]

As a kid, me & my brother had a toy we played with outdoors. We would stand a distance from each other & hold two handles each. There was a rugby shaped ball at the centre & it would fly between us on two ropes. If it flew towards you & you weren't quick enough, it would bang on the handles & hurt...

Describing Your Age [ 4 Answers ]

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than ten years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions. "How old are you?" "I'm four and a half." You're never 36 and a half... You're four and a half going on 5. ...

View more questions Search