Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    countryboy_81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 07:15 PM
    Transaxle craftsman fs5500 lawn tractor
    I have a craftsman lawn tractor model fs5500 series and when I use it for moderate to heavy work I can only use it for about 5 to 10 minutes before it loses pulling power the motor runs fine but just won't pull and the automatic transaxle will get so hot it will burn you to touch it do I need to check the fluid or what any suggestions would help I cannot find where to check the fluid at or even a drain plug to replace the fluid
    mower_man Posts: 81, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2009, 04:55 PM

Post model and serial #.

I can post a diagram then.

Located on a tag under the seat.

Mower_Man

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Lawn Tractor - Unable to Start Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I currently having difficulty starting my Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor, (Model# 917.259830). I was using the tractor and had to shut it off to move a lawn hose. When I tried to start it again it just clicked. Specifically upon turning the keying, it makes a click sound followed by a whin....

Lawn tractor 6 speed transaxle lubrication [ 1 Answers ]

During a recent flood, my dad's Craftsman lawn tractor was inundated. Although water did not enter the motor, I know the transaxle was under. Is it possible for water to enter the transaxle? Is there lubricant in the transaxle that should be replaced.

Transaxle oil seals 1999 craftsman tractor [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove and replace oil seals on the transaxle, there are one on each side. The seals are around the axles and into the transaxle on each side.

Craftsman garden tractor makes noise when transaxle is engaged [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Craftsman Garden tractor that makes a pretty rough noise after I engage the transaxle. And it sounds like its coming from below the motor and not towards the rear of the tractor. And the tractor moves fine after I engage the transmission I know that if I don't get it fixed something...

View more questions Search