Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalanay1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 10:30 AM
    My Parents Have No Respect For Me
    I'm almost 14, and have a good social life outside school. The only problem is, that my mum and dad don't let me go on buses. They insist on dropping me off and picking me up from everywhere. This means that if it doesn't suit them, I can't go out with my friends or my boyfriend at the weekend. I've asked them why, and they say that it's because they don't have the time, they're tired, or I've got an attitude problem. The thing is though, I don't have an attitude problem until they start telling me that I can't go to places because they're tired or don't have the time. I've tried everything to get them to listen to me. I sat down and tried to have a grown up chat with them, which just ended in me being in floods of tears because of some of the things that they had said, I dyed my hair black, they said it suited me. I've suffered from depression before, and I can feel myself going that way again if they don't listen to me. Last time I got help just as life started to become unbearable, but this time I don't know if they even care. I have a 9 year old little sister who they dote upon, and give everything she asks for, but when I ask for something, they tell me I should get a job and earn the money myself. I'm so fed up with this I just need some advice on how to sit down and talk to them without bursting into tears again. Help. Please. :(
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 10:44 AM
    Well if you want to do more things then you should get a job. Plus it'll get you out of the house.

I don't think your parents don't respect you. I honestly believe they're worried about your safety. I know I wouldn't let my daughter go on the bus- after all these things that are happening last thing I would want is my child being part of another crime.

Sometimes conversations with adults work better if you have a mediator in the conversation: i.e. a pastor, a councilor, a pyschologist, another relative, etc.

Good luck to you!

MRS.S
    programmer man Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 12:34 PM

Get a job. Good idea. Make friends there and talk to them while you work, and by the way they're probably being protective of their "precious little girl", PLUS you can use the money you earn from your job to get cool stuff if they ever do even TAKE you shopping!
    cool, huh?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi with respect [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I have a problem I want use Microsoft c and c++ But it don't work under windows 98 can I have windous98 and 3.1 together?how can I make my program exe in that? Thanks

Parents don't respect me [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15, creative, and quite independent and I hate it when adults interfere, and I'm in year 11 doing some TEE subjects and some non TEE My parents are quite intrusive, they go through my bag and my room, and my dad knocks on my door, then enters the room without waiting for an answer, defeating...

What does respect mean to you? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any advice on respect in relationships/friendships. I am thinking about respecting space, values, requests, etc. What does respect mean to you?

No respect [ 7 Answers ]

Well.. I have been dating this guy for 15 months now, and for the last two months his respect for me has gone down hill, and sometimes he doesn't call me for two days at a time to tell me where he is, or that he's okay. I have to Plan ahead of time when I can hang out with him, because his friends...

View more questions Search