Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drgnchic719 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 09:52 AM
    Bankruptcy/judgements still active
    I live in Wisconsin and filed for bankruptcy in 2007.My bankruptcy was discharged in jan of 2008.According to the Wisconsin state court system my judgements that were filed in my bankruptcy are not taken care of.. they still remain active and not satisfied.I have contacted my lawyer and all he says is that they are taken care of in the federal court and I should not be worrying about state court.I contacted the county court in which I live.They tell me that my lawyer is to write up and order that names each judgement,attach the schedule f form and the discharge of debtor to the order.I am then supposed to file these documents in the counties that the judgements are and pay a filing fee.Then there will be a court hearing with a judge to remove them from the court records.I contacted my lawyer to get the order and the said documents,he says that he does not know what I am talking about and that he can not help me.According to him just because the judgements are cleared in the federal courts they should be in the state court also.The state in which I live still says I owe these judgements and it is affecting my credit and affecting whether I can get a loan.It has been over a year since my discharge.. this should have been taken care of.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 10:05 AM

If your attorney isn't taking care of this, then you need to find a new attorney.

Also, you can't possibly be serious by saying that open judgments are what's affecting your chances of getting a loan. Your bankruptcy is a big red flag to lenders and that, in addition to open judgments, is what's affecting your credit. Bankruptcy is a big sign that says to the lenders, "I borrowed money too much money and now I don't have to pay any of it back; care to chance it?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgements and bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My friend has a question she got a judgement filed bankreuprcty and she wants to know will this mean she will not have to pay the judgement? I told her she should have asked her lawyer but she said he was talking so much she can not remember He did tell her that with the means test she will...

Bankruptcy default judgements [ 1 Answers ]

Husband had a business which was incorporated. Business closed in Illinois and we moved to Nevada for work where he filed bankrutcy due to the debt left from the business. One contractor filed a complaint with my name (wife) along with the business name. This complaint was included in my husbands...

Judgements and bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I had a judgment brought against me this year and I filed a "notice of right to have exemptions designated" But since I have no income I need to file chapter 7. I have 2 questions if you will: #1 Can I include a court judgment against me in a chapter 7 bankruptcy? Does the bankruptcy wipe...

Bankruptcy and Judgements [ 1 Answers ]

If I file Bankruptcy, will it also take care of the Judgements that I have. Thanks Greg

Suets, judgements and bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

I have 200,oo in credit card debt. I am now disabled for life I get va dsability and ss can I be sued/judgement/lean? Thank you

View more questions Search