Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonesboy2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 06:29 AM
    Underwater Welding
    How much does it pay to be an underwater welder?
    wukaking19 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 09:36 AM

I'm looking to get into the underwater welding industry. I don't have a diving degree, nor a welding degree. So my question is where would I start to get into this career?

Apr 20, 2009, 09:37 AM
    The job pays between 12-100 thousand a year depending on experance
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wukaking19 View Post
    im looking to get into the underwater welding industry. i dont have a diving degree, nor a welding degree. so my question is where would i start to get into this career?

I suppose you'd have to learn how to weld underwater and also how to dive.

Apr 20, 2009, 12:15 PM

I can weld that's not a problem. It do I go to school for it or learn how to dive first?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2009, 05:08 PM

Pittsburgh Pa, Florida and I think somewhere in West Virginia are suppose to have a really great school and union for underwater welding.

Pittsburgh has many bridges.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2009, 05:34 PM

Normally you will need to know how to and be certified in diving before going to under water welding school. You will have to get certified in underwater welding also, there are several types and the depth you dive to will make a difference

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underwater welding [ 5 Answers ]

My name is Patrick. I am 23 years old, and I was considering a career in commercial diving and specializing in underwater welding. Does anyone have any advice for me before I spend all of my money enrolling in a diving academy. Things such as: how much they make, available job opportunities and...

Underwater welding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi people! Can anyone help? I would love to train as an underwater welder but can only find schools in the USA is there anywhere in the UK or Ireland that do this? Please help!

Underwater welding near me? [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one tell me of a underwater welding school in Texas I can't seem to find one when I serch for them?

Underwater welding [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much I can make as an underwater welder I heard you make $850 an h/r on a off shore rig, dive an hour and get paid for 8. that's 6800 a day. I am going to go to school for it,can I make that when I get out. Can I become a millionare?? Were is the most money?

View more questions Search