Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jason8676 Posts: 102, Reputation: 8

Mar 3, 2009, 08:20 PM
    I Am Mad As Hell!
    Hey,
    Several days I posted about how my ex-girlfriend called me back on February 21 and did not block her number. It was almost as if she wanted me to pick up. Well, a few nights ago(March 1) I believe she was behind a prank call I received at about 8:30 at night. Maybe I'm just paranoid-who knows? Anyway, here is how it went:
    Phone rings at 8:30 P.M.-caller I.D. says "Number Withheld". I answered. I try to answer all my calls if I am around because you never know if it is an emergency-my dad is in seriously ill health and for all I know it could have been a call from the hospital.
    (ME):"Hello?"
    There is a pause of 5-6 seconds.
    (CALLER):"Hell-o? Hell-o? How are you doing?"
    It was a tinny man's voice which I did not recognize.
    (ME):"You must have the wrong number."
    (CALLER):"Dr. Phil..."
    At that point, I hung up-sensing it was nothing but B.S. It was not a live person-it was presumably from a soundboard you could access or download online and use it prank call your friends.
    Nevertheless, that call spoiled my evening. It felt as if I had fallen off the No Contact wagon. I spent half the night obsessing over the call and was so angry that I even called my wireless company to see if they could block "Number Withheld", "Anonymous", and "No Number" calls.
    Did I break No Contact by answering my phone in this case? What do you all think of making prank calls to your exes? It just does not make sense to me how she can call several weeks ago and show her number as if she wanted me to answer(unless she forgot to block her number" and then pull this crap. If she has moved on, what is so amusing about calling me? I've left her alone-I'm obviously not completely over her. What's her problem?
    Thanks,
    Jason
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 09:32 PM

I wouldn't say you've broken NC , and I wouldn't worry about the calls.

Show whoever it is your more mature than they are by ignoring it. If you go about telling people about it they have achieved their purpose.
    StarCrossedUK Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 09:46 PM
    Using a soundboard to call up your ex and play a prank. You're probably well shot of this girl. Ignore it and move on. And no, you've not broken NC. :)
    Jason8676 Posts: 102, Reputation: 8

Mar 3, 2009, 10:05 PM

friend4u178,
    Hey! Thank you for the reply. My ex has also sent text messages which were to me nothing but foolishness and I have always ignored them Whoever it was that called the other night never tried again. All I said was "Hello?" and "You must have the wrong number" so hopefully they didn't get any entertainment or satisfaction from it-I saw right through the B.S. At least I kept my dignity intact. Still, I am ticked off. I was starting to hate her but I think that phone call was the final nail in the coffin.From now on though, I'm not taking another "Anonymous", "Number Withheld", or "No Number" call again. The breakup was peaceful-heck, I even gave her two parting gifts when I tried to convince her that I was still serious about her which turned out to be a big flop-kind of like that time journalist Geraldo Rivera thought he cracked Al Capone's vault back in 1986 and it turned out to be nothing but a big pile of dirt and empty liquor bottles(ha, ha). Just what is her problem? She's moved on but still wants to tick me off at the same time-to me that is disrespectful and selfish. She always wanted to have her cake and eat it too.
    Anyway, take care for now. Jason
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 10:08 PM

Your doing all the right things Jason , keep it up my friend and show her who is the bigger person by not even acknowledging her childish games right?

Good Luck :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why the Hell! [ 8 Answers ]

Why the hell someone put everything into something and get nothing out of it? Why someone thinks that this is the best ever thing happened to you? And why that thing never realizes your worth and keep running away from you? Why the hell she says "I love you" and never behave like she meant what she...

Will I be sent to hell? [ 104 Answers ]

Well I am beginning to think I am gay and I am wondering if I would be sent to hell for this. I hear all the time on TV about how god hates gays, and I'm not sure if I am gay but this isn't helping... Also what if I kind of do not believe in god? My family is not very church active,

What the hell? [ 3 Answers ]

All right basically, I have been dating this girl for 6 months. Not too long, but long anough to set in a hurtful mood for me. My ex decided to spread a rumor about me that I cheated on my current girl at the time with her which never happened, but regardless it never settles into her. Finally she...

View more questions Search