Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennifer1010 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Mar 2, 2009, 03:41 PM
    Why're CHILDREN having sex?
    Hi Everyone!
    I've been reading many posts about teens getting pregnant.Whether or not the pregnacies are planned or not, I think to myself, wow why are girls as young as 14 and 15 even having sex? I don't understand why in the world children are having sex. They have their whole lives ahead of them but they choose to have a boyfriend for two weeks say I love you and have sex three weeks later. Don't they know what I love you means? Loving someone, you don't just fall in love with them magically. It's something that you work at with someone and grow deeper into. And Sex isn't just sex, it's more than an action. It's love, caring, emotional, etc. Excuse my language but what the hell are they teaching children in school about sex? The earlier these kids are learning about sex, it seems like the earlier they want to have sex. I don't believe that kids that're in the 7th and 8th grade should honestly know about sex. In schools they don't say "Well, if you're going to have sex think about it, use protection, talk to your parents. " They just say use protection. Honestly do people think teaching immature Middle school children about sex isn't going to make them want to go out and experiment?
    Sorry for the rant, But If you will please just leave some thoughts, comments, etc.
    I just want to hear what other people have to say!
    Thank You,
    Jen.
    revenge Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2009, 04:27 PM
    I am out of this. I think my opinion doesn't count.

Mar 2, 2009, 05:07 PM

Lol. Oh It is fine. I wanted to hear opinions!
    Claire58 Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Mar 2, 2009, 05:17 PM

Yep! Like revenge said, kids here don't have respect at all. I also come from another country and when I was in school, if you saw a teacher coming towards you, you had to stop and shift to the side to let them pass. Lack of morals is also another thing, kids here think they can do anything and get away with it, they don't go to church or have a real religion.
    rg61fc Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Mar 2, 2009, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1010 View Post
    Hi Everyone!
    I've been reading many posts about teens getting pregnant.Whether or not the pregnacies are planned or not, I think to myself, wow why are girls as young as 14 and 15 even having sex? I don't understand why in the world children are having sex. They have their whole lives ahead of them but they choose to have a boyfriend for two weeks say i love you and have sex three weeks later. Don't they know what i love you means? Loving someone, you don't just fall in love with them magically. It's something that you work at with someone and grow deeper into. And Sex isn't just sex, it's more than an action. It's love, caring, emotional, etc. Excuse my language but what the hell are they teaching children in school about sex? The earlier these kids are learning about sex, it seems like the earlier they want to have sex. I don't believe that kids that're in the 7th and 8th grade should honestly know about sex. In schools they don't say "Well, if you're going to have sex think about it, use protection, talk to your parents. " They just say use protection. Honestly do people think teaching immature Middle school children about sex isn't going to make them want to go out and experiment?
    Sorry for the rant, But If you will please just leave some thoughts, comments, etc.
    I just want to hear what other people have to say!
    Thank You,
    Jen.
    Not all kids are this way and it is not fair to lump every kid in one category. Parenting is the most important factor in my opinion. I had parents who never spoke a word about sex and it made sex a dirty thing in my mind. I have had a hard time excepting sex as a normal part of a relationship. Then there are parents who take it to far the other way. I think it is a delicate balancing act.
    Gumbee Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2009, 05:23 PM

What! You don't need religion to live a good life, these kids are just so messed up from all the crap they see on TV. Most of the ads you seen are sexual orientated and are portraying an image that's impossible to achieve.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 05:27 PM

This kind of stuff happens only in America
    That's the biggest load of bull I've ever heard. Nope, not true at all.

They are so open in front of their children and they talk about sex freely that its in their ears 24/7. So what do you expect. Idiot parents=idiot children
    You won't last long here if you call people idiots. As for sex education, would you rather we just let them figure it out for themselves? That's irresponsible parenting.

women have no respect they open their butt and go out shopping. They smoke drink like sluts and all that stuff.
    I smoke, I drink, and I shop, so I'm a slut? Wow! Women have no respect? What, are they supposed to kneel at your feet and worship the ground you walk on? Well, welcome to America, where women have rights.

I remember I was getting beaten up for saying to my bro that he is a donkey or something else. Our parents were teaching us respect. Here parents do the apposite
    So your parents where abusive and that's okay? Respect is not beaten into someone, that's fear. Respect is earned, and no one earns it by beating up on someone. That's child abuse.

Revenge, there are so many things wrong with your post that I don't know what to say. If you don't like the way things are done in America, why did you move there?
    revenge Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2009, 07:09 PM
    I hope one day I will able to understand you.
    Pets Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 07:17 PM

The problem with that is that I'm not from America, I'm from Canada, born in Germany, and both of those countries also have problems with teen pregnancy, so your statement doesn't hold true.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 07:18 PM

Let me see, America is called backward by many because they don't allow the age of consent to be 16 or even 14 like many of the overseas countries that are called progressive.

But it is not just 14 but it is children as young as 12 is not that uncommom really is where it starts, and it is a lot because parents refuse to admit it does or take safety standards to prevent it. ( proper supervision)
    Pets Expert

Mar 2, 2009, 07:26 PM

I agree Chuck. I'm sad to admit it, but the age of sexual consent in Canada is 14, talk about a bad decision. They're trying to get it changed to 16, but many people are against it. Sadly, the people that can vote for or against raising it are all over 18. Doesn't make any sense to me.

I do talk to my kids about sex because I want them to be aware, know the risks, know what precautions to take and know that any questions they have I will answer. I'd rather they get the truth then a bunch of bull from their friends.

Sadly, all over the world, family values have gone down dramatically, even since I was a kid. Too many kids are raising themselves, don't have open communication or any communication with their parents. Most of the teens purposefully getting pregnant are doing it because they want something to love, they think a baby will give them that.

Is there an end in sight to teen pregnancy? I don't think so.

Mar 2, 2009, 07:44 PM
    Everyone thanks for your posts!

Alten, I Like this part of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I do talk to my kids about sex because I want them to be aware, know the risks, know what precautions to take and know that any questions they have I will answer. I'd rather they get the truth then a bunch of bull from their friends.
    And I agree with you about that to the fullest extent. I just don't understand why we leave the sex talk up to sex ed in public school to teach our kids about sex. And I don't understand why some parents don't talk to their kids about sex because they see it as shameful or something, it's ridiculous! If everyone just talked to their kids and talked about the precautions, the risk, etc. than maybe some things would change.
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Mar 2, 2009, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire58 View Post
    Yep! like revenge said, kids here dont have respect at all. I also come from another country and when i was in school, if you saw a teacher coming towards you, you had to stop and shift to the side to let them pass. Lack of morals is also another thing, kids here think they can do anything and get away with it, they dont go to church or have a real religion.
    Haha OK listen apperantly you're an idiot adult and you probably have never had kids and you never paid attention in your high school sex education class if you ever had one cause it sure sounds like you didn't. You can't assume ALL KIDS are like that cause let me tell you, I'm 15, I've had a boyfriend for 9 months and WE ARE NOT SEXUALLY ACTIVE! So please back up your , yeah your before you speak. I never curse, especially to an adult or never at parents and teachers and I'm usually very respectful but your answer just freaking pissed me off because your so freaking illiterate. I can't believe an adult can be so stupid to say such bull . Please lady, you and the woman that posted the thread and an answer need to back up your crap. Oh and by the way, what do you care about teens having sex? That really isn't your problem, as long as your kids aren't having sex then that's all you should worry about, so PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR, and stick your nose where the sun don't shineee!

And once again, Alty always has a point :)

At least we know someone on here isn't as illiterate as the other idiots posting very stupid information. SEARCH people SEARCH!

I bet you anything when you were in high school there was girls that went around and guys that did too, but that doesn't mean you have to insult them calling them hoes and sluts.

This is why the world is like this now a day, cause of illiterate adults that make stupid freaking decisions!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 07:59 PM

Back in HS a few decades ago, my GF was 15 and I was 16. We did everything but penetration. One day at her parent's house when they were not how she lay totally naked on the living room floor.

I said "No penetration". No Birth Control access. I wouldn't risk it.

At that point I had a good foundation in a Catholic grade school nonetheless and a pretty decent backup class called "Health" in high school.

I finally rounded everything out with a college course called "Foundations of Human Sexuality" and I have engaged in non-vanilla behavior. I have limits too.

So, I guess in the age in question, the consequences were known and were were stronger than the urge.

I heard that a cousin of mine who did become pregnant had to carry a doll around as part of their sexual education class. It didn't work.

I think that there was something that subcnciusly helped was a class called "consumer English". In this class we had projects like car loan, look at apartment info, understand interest rates, balance a check book, go shopping at three stores, and find out what combination was the cheapest etc. A good eye opener. I loved the class.

Mar 2, 2009, 08:02 PM

My mother talks to me about dieases and HIV and sex, I'm super open minded and my mom has made me that way so I understand life and she teaches me manners everyday of my life, I learn something new from her and she always warns me and tells me everything so I don't fall in that mistake. But what really ticked me off is how people don't say most kids or some kids. They say kids, which we are teenagers. HUGE difference. And you can at least say children. Kid to me isn't so nice. Of course there is girls out there my age getting pregnant but you don't know why they want that attention or what problem they are having that they got pregnant, I don't know but still, this crap talking about us teens is offensive because, YES there is teens in this site, and A LOT! And I got very offended as you can see!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:18 PM

Ana you are probably a one in a million teenager who actually thinks for themselves!

Alty - right as always!

Sex and teens go hand in hand just like drugs and teens. Some teens resist the drugs and sex and turn out to be well adjusted adults leading a wonderful life married to their opposite sex spouse and having children after marriage, not before.

And then there are the other teens. Those who end up pregnant and raising (or should I say trying to raise) children when they are just children themselves and 9 times out of 10 unmarried. And those teens who end up drug addicts who have basically thrown their lives away with both hands.

Again, Ana, I commend you for your coming on here and saying that not all teens are sex happy or sex crazed. You probably have a lot of peer pressure to go against today's immoral attitudes.

Please do not cave into them...

Mar 2, 2009, 08:39 PM

Yeah but I still find it offended.

What if I told you ALL parents now a days are horrible and they don't know how to raise children and all they do now is deal drugs and abuse their children and I know this because everyday in the news there is either a dad raping the little girl or the mom killing the girl or the baby found in the trash can, I sure know a good parent would stand up and be like "hey! not all parents are like that!" well, of course they aren't, it just really bothered me the way people say ALL TEENS!
    confused_bp Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2009, 08:47 PM

Well I'm 17 and 8 months pregnant I do love my partner very much almoast too much... I never planned to get pregnant but it did and I am looking forward to it. These arnt the reasons I got pregnant but maybe it has something to do with TV and the programs that are shown nowadays. Maybe it has something to do with the benefits that you get as a non working single mum? I don't know but I know a lot of young mums and their amazing. There is such bad responses to young pregnancies and parents if that's what they want and they think they are mature enough to take on the life of parenthood then let them. But don't use it as an excuse to get money or a house.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by confused_bp View Post
    well im 17 and 8 months pregnant i do love my partner very much almoast too much... i never planned to get pregnent but it did and i am looking forward to it. these arnt the reasons why i got pregnant but maybe it has someting to do with tv and the programs that are shown nowadays. maybe it has something to do with the benifits that you get as a non working single mum? i dont know but i know a lot of young mums and their amazing. there is such bad responces to young pregnancies and parents if thats what they want and they think they are mature enough to take on the life of parenthood then let them. but dont use it as an excuse to get money or a house.
    I had my son at a fresh 18. I thought it was great and I was ready. Come back in ten-twelve years and let us know how WONDERFUL single mums have it... cause that is a crock. There are bad responses because with age you mature and you learn from your experiences, when you are young you are too naïve and too grown-up to realize how foolish you are.
    confused_bp Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2009, 09:01 PM

Well lets put it this way my brothers ex girlfriend had a baby boy when she was 19 she couldn't handle it so I took him on with my mum the only time I don't have him is when I'm at college yeah that's right college so I don't think its true that young parents,parents to be throw their life away. I handle my hephew really well and I love the life I live. I find it easy but I guess not everyone has the same opinion. I would do anything for my nephew and my baby boy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Children [ 2 Answers ]

My children are under the social services care, because I had a breakup with there father and I couldn't cope so I started drinking now they live with thjere father I haven't drank in 5 months how can I get my children back

Want My Children to Visit Me. Order is from State Where Children No Longer Live [ 8 Answers ]

Children were living with mother in Hawaii when order was signed. Children and mother are now living in NC, have been for 3 years. Does State of NC have jurisdiction or do we have to go back to Hawaii? I want my children to come visit me where I live and she is saying I have to go to NC to visit...

Will I ever have children [ 1 Answers ]

Me and fiancé brandon are getting married in November we have been trying to conceive a child but I still can't figure out why I am not getting pregnant? Could I be pregnant now?

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search