Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IanMus Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 08:02 PM
    Can't install SKYPE 4.0 > Message:.\SkypeSetup.exe is not a valid Win32 application
    On attempting to run SkypeSetup.exe after downloading Skype 4.0 into my laptop using Windows Vista I am receiving this message,

"C:\Users\ <my name>\My Programs\SKYPE 4.0\SkypeSetup.exe is not a valid Win32 application".

However, I was able to run SkypeSetup.exe after downloading Skype 4.0 into my desktop computer which uses Windows XP Professional.

Yet, with Vista, nothing worked, including copying the setup file into Program Files or to the Public Folder and trying to install it again. I just keep getting the same error message every time.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

IanMus
    NoDaddy dot com Posts: 101, Reputation: 0

Mar 4, 2009, 02:26 AM

Complete a free online scan
    Free online antivirus. Download ActiveScan 2.0 and clean your PC. Panda Security

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Iexplorer.exe is not a valid win32 application [ 4 Answers ]

For some reason my computer can not access the internet anymore... I can access my internal network, but when I click on the internet icon I get the error: "iexplorer.exe is not a valid win32 application" so I have tried going to run and typing, www... Or http://... but I still get the error...

PC is infected with Win32/Tanatos.M, Win32/Heur. AND SOME Trojan horse. [ 2 Answers ]

Question : JUST AT WHEN I LOG ON MY PC I GET SOME REGISTRY PROBLEM MESSAGES. {it shows me the file name (something) which is written in symbols & i can't read it]. if i on OK button then it goes and it let me do my work Easily .My PC is running was very Good and does not trouble me any more. (I...

Can't install Skype for Linux on Acer Aspire One 110ab [ 0 Answers ]

Hi there, I have just bought the netbook listed above and have tried to install skype for linux. Iwas the asked to input a password with the following text... " You are attempting to install "system-install software" more information is needed to do so" "Authenticating root" I do not have...

Try to open C: get error message (can not run in win32 mode) [ 2 Answers ]

Why will c:\ not open. I get error message the C:\ application can not run in win32 mode. I am running winXP pro. I just reinstalled because of virus created errors in windows

Win32 application? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello... I recently attempted to download a game for my PC. I think it's called "Army America Demo, and after the file transfer completed 99% it failed for some reason. No problem, right? I can just delete it and try again, you know? Wrong! It won't let me delete part of it. When I click on the...

View more questions Search