Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OCB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 04:47 PM
    Construction lien law
    I am a construction contractor in the state of Oregon. I have hired a cabinet company to provide and install cabinets for a high end custom remodel. They began the install on Dec 14, 2008. There were and still are a number of problems with cabinets and have replaced some and we are still waiting for two more cabinets to arrive that have been built incorrectly, twice now. They have held up the job and caused a host of problems throughout the process. I have paid them a partial payment of $5,000 in good faith. I just found out that they have filed a lien against my clients condo and the job is still not finished as of 2/27/09. Do I have recourse against this company for filing what I consider a fraudulent lien? And if so, what are my options. Thanks

Rick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2009, 05:21 PM

Did your contract with them have penalties for non performance? You need to review the contractand see what grounds it gives you to sue him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Michigan Construction Lien [ 12 Answers ]

Hello! I'm hoping all of you knowledgeable folks can help me out :) I purchased a new home last year in Michigan. The title work was fine (showed no outstanding liens) and I was able to mortgage the home with no problems. Now, over a year later I receive a summons in the mail. I'm being sued...

Foreclosure related to a construction lien [ 2 Answers ]

Help... We sustained severe tree damage from an ice storm last December. We hired a tree service to take out several trees. We paid this service half of the money before the job and the remainder after the completion of the project. This tree service sub-contracted a large truck to use to take...

Construction lien [ 7 Answers ]

What is a construction lien and how are they settled

How do I close on a construction loan when there is a lien on my property [ 1 Answers ]

I am 10 months pass the maturity date for my construction loan paying interest each month. I am litigation with the builder of my new home, he has put a lien on my home. I want to close on the construction loan and enter into permanent financing without paying the lien. We are in the process of...

Lien on construction company [ 5 Answers ]

So I signed a contract for a construction company to do some building on the house. Which is coming along nicely. Today a man stops by my house and advises me that he was the one that did the concrete work and he needs to be paid because the contractor did not pay him. He then threatens to put a...

View more questions Search