Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    help_with_eng Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2006, 11:35 PM
    English help
    Dear Teacher,
    Kindly help me out with the following.

Are these OK?
    1)The institute has two campuses. One for the juniors ;One for the seniors.
    2) This should not disturb the work life and family life balance.
    3) Such a thing is basically done at the corporate level.
    4) I want a pen and a pencil
    5) I consider you as a friend.If you consider me as a friend, then it would be fantastic.
    6) Competition has intensified in the aviation industry.Leading players have got into a price war.Whatever happens, it would be good for the customers.

Thanks a ton.
    Amythest Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Aug 21, 2006, 11:37 PM
    I can't even tell what if any are the questions? They seem like random things.
    help_with_eng Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2006, 07:28 AM
    Dear Teacher,

Are these sentences correctly framed?

5) I consider you as a friend.If you consider me as a friend, then it would be fantastic.
    6) Competition has intensified in the aviation industry.Leading players have got into a price war.Whatever happens, it would be good for the customers.

Thanks a ton.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Seems OK to me, but the punctuation needs changing that's all.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 22, 2006, 09:08 AM
    There is room for improvement. Some words could be changed. I am not a teacher, but know the English language well enough.
    jjmus1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 05:07 PM
    The second sentence is actually a fragment. It should read "One is for the juniors; one is for the seniors."
    This might be right as it is, but I would say, "This should not disturb the balance of the work and family life."
    It depends what you want it to mean. It looks right, though it is in the passive. "People basically do such things at the corporate level" or you might mean "People do such things at the basic corporate level."
    This looks right.
    Generally we don't have the "as" in there. "I consider you a friend. If you consider me a friend, then it would be fantastic." Or you could say "I consider you to be my friend."
    6) Competition has intensified in the aviation industry. Leading players have got into a price war.Whatever happens, it would be good for the customers.
    Got should be gotten - "have gotten." I'm not sure how the last sentence is supposed to fit with the first two.
    I hope this is helpful. I'm not an English major or anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, I am Kishore from India. I want to improve my English vocb. Can anyone tell what's the best and easy way?

English [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - dus anyone know if "blind with fear" is a metaphor? Thankxxx :-/

English [ 1 Answers ]

The shoreline/ has many different shapes. What is the subject and the simple subject. Trying to help my child. But I need understanding also.

English Help [ 6 Answers ]

No problem can be solved by the same conscious that's created it. I'm kind of confused by the sentence above. Please help me with your knowledge. Q1. Does this sentence make sense? Q2. Is "conscious" usually used as a noun? Q3. Do we need to put "by" before "it" to make it sense. Q4. ...

English [ 3 Answers ]

I am needing some help. My daughter is in first grade and brang home a paper today that I can not help her with. They want her cut and paste the pictures given on to the correct areas. Areas being soft c, hard c and soft g, and hard g.The words for the c's are... celery, castle, cookie, cigar, and...

View more questions Search