Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    80mojo1980 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Tax lien houses
    How do I find info about finding tax lien houses, I'm very interested in buying us a house
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2006, 10:23 PM
    Talk to the chief clerk in the office of your county that does property tax.

Normally every county has a yearly tax sale. Laws very greatly, ( very greatly) from state to state on the rules, In some states you own the property outright as soon as you pay for it, in others you have to wait so many years paying the tax to allow the other part time to redeem it ( with interst of course)

Now normally the houses you get will be abandoned or very bad condition, and you will be bidding, with the bid starting with the total amount of taxes due on the property, and you will have to pay in cash.

I have only bought in a few states so other states may have very different laws than I am used to
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Aug 22, 2006, 03:22 PM
    Fr Chuck obviously has more experience in this than I do, so I will defer to him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IRS tax lien [ 5 Answers ]

I owe over $11000 in back federal tax for 1996. Can the IRS put a lien on the home we live in when the house is in my wife's name and only I owe the back tax? I am paying $5 a month on this bill but have signed no payment agreement with the IRS. Will the 10 year statute of limitation on federal tax...

Tax lien [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Maryland and have federal tax lien against me for $5,000.00 It was issued in 1996. I was unaware of it, but want to pay it. Where do I send the payment. Also, is there a statue of limitations on a federal tax lien. Thanks Leigh072055

Tax lien houses [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find info about finding tax lien houses, I'm very interested in buying us a house

Put a lien on his truck? [ 4 Answers ]

My ex owes me aprox $4.500.00 from our divorce back in 1999. I never pressed the issue but recently I did him a favor & loaned him some $$ just to have him laugh & say he doesn't plan to pay it back because I can't prove it. Well I can't prove the latest loan but I do have the divorce papers saying...

View more questions Search