Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 26, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Is The Worst Over?
    Any thoughts about whether the worst of the recession is over. I'm a little worried because I'm heavily invested in Canadian stocks and I depend on dividends for a large amount of my income. One of my stocks, Russel Metals has already cut their dividend and although Canadian banks and insurers are doing much better than U.S. banks, their dividends could still be at risk if the recession drags on for more than a year or so.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2009, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    recession drags on for more than a year or so.
    If everything came to a hualt in the decline it would take YEARS to recover just from where we are at now.
    My opinion is the worst is not even close to being over. The "package" from Gov will be a stutter in the rate of decline in our economy, but its not going to make a dent. Especially when it needs paid back.

Because of the situation, Welfare alone will become big business and cost to all. In time it may be large like the "package".People need to eat and live and we need to help others in trouble and as a country be a fellowman. That will be a pinch along with paying back the "package"

This week alone Hershey Peppermint factory is shutting down its plant in Reading Pa. 300 jobs lost there and those jobs are now going to the new Hershey plant in Mexico. Hershey started building a new plant there 2+ years ago.

Things like this in happening in Reading for the size of that town is too much like Detroits car factory shutting down/layoffs. Per capita

The stimulus package will not help at all in any length of tome until we get it together here and stop letting jobs still go out of our Country.

China makes 80% of our Toys. I feel we need to hit rock bottom and hopefully are Dollar value will be survivable for us to hang on and yet we can become more equal in the playing field to compete in the global market.

When any country out of ours has a cheaper work force we will always suffer long term on jobs here. It wasn't just the bad mismanagement of housing loans here. That was the camel that tip it over finally.

The CEOs and boards members get rich as they profit on sending manufacturing overseas and out of country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am the worst mom ever! [ 8 Answers ]

I am feeling very overwhelmed. I am stay at home mom of 2 boys. They are 2 and 4. I love them to death, but I don't feel like I ever do anything good enough. I work from home and I babysit for friends and all of this makes me not enjoy my own kids. I enjoy my work, and it is very flexible (can...

The worst of the worst [ 34 Answers ]

Hello: Obama is going to close Gitmo. Good. Here's what he should do... But, first, let's talk about the "worst of the worst"... That's something Cheney said. I don't believe him. You shouldn't either. After he said it the FIRST time, 20 or 30 were released because they didn't do...

What Were Some f Your Best/Worst Experiences Ever? [ 53 Answers ]

Self explanatory don't you think? What are some of your experiences (recent ør not so recent) that were good, bad and ugly. Experiences with family ør friends ør pets... anything goes:)

Three worst artists [ 110 Answers ]

Name the three worst artists you know. 1.Sheryl Crow 2.Lindsay Lohan 3.Paris Hilton Come on people Paris Hilton is so ghey. :(

My worst fear... [ 5 Answers ]

I haven't written in a while, simply because I have felt horrible... I thought I was pregnant months ago, but ended up it was just a scare once again... well my worst fear has happened and I have just found out that I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) so that means I am going to have a hard...

View more questions Search